Chitubox 1.9 and Creality LD-002H - "Invalid File Format" error

2021-7-26 14669

I just upgraded to Chitubox 1.9 and I'm getting "Invalid File Format" on my Creality LD-002H. I'm using the same USB drive as I previously have. The only thing that's changed is the new version of the software.

I reverted back to version 1.8.1 and it's working again, but this seems like a pretty bad bug.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

New Post (6)
  • Guest 2021-7-26
    Quote 2Floor
    There's a new firmware for the Creality LD-002H . 
    Download it from Creality site and install it and all go fine.
  • wangjingjing 2021-7-27
    Quote 3Floor
    Hi, if you get "Unknown File format" error message with file from CHITUBOX Basic V1.9.0 , please check if you have update the latest firmware.
    Check the new firmware here: https://www.chitubox.com/en/download/chitubox-free#firmwareList
    The printer needs to upgrade the firmware to read the CTB files sliced by CHITUBOX Basic v1.9.0 and CHITUBOX Pro.
  • 2021-10-10
    Quote 4Floor
    Just had the same problem with a LD-002R, "upgrading" the machines firmware is not an option, what if after trying that it still doesnt work?  "please contact your supplier" will be the next  response
  • 2022-2-19
    Quote 5Floor

I downloaded the firmware from the creality website where it indicated the version 443 that the chitubox requires, but even after installing the firmware, the printer still keeps the file not supported message. and in the system options and about, 4.3.16 appears, even though I'm installing 4.43 on the manufacturer's website.
  • Cliff Knight 2022-2-19
    Quote 6Floor

Obviously the firmware did not update properly. Reread the installation instructions and try again--if that fails contact Creality.

What were the names of the update files? There should be at minimum one ".CTB" file (the actual firmware¹), and perhaps  a ".bin" file (bitmaps for the user interface²), and also perhaps an "update.LCD" fiile (the "boot logo"²).

-------------------------------------------

¹ - The ".CTB" file is whai is supposed to autoload on a cold boot.

² - The ".bin"  and "update.LCD" files are "printed" after the cold boot.

• 6 Months+
    Quote 7Floor
    Help, New laptop, I need creality LD-002R Chitubox 1.any configuration file, if yours works please save your config file in preferences and send it to me, I tried all versions and flashing = incompatible file every time, I dont have original usb stick its corrupt, PLEASE HELP!!