CRASHING STILL! 1.9.0

2021-8-30 3984

EVERY single time I place supports and click the tab to go back to the file it ALWAYS crashes! I have to wait a few minutes for it to autosave, then when the stupid program crashes I reopen it and the auto save loads. I have uninstalled multiple times! I'm about to give up with this program and switch to something more stable! This was happening in the previous version also.

New Post (11)
  • 2021-9-1
    Quote 2Floor
    I have exactly the same issue since 1.9.0 was released. Chitubox basic has now become unusable - I had a series of print undergoing, now I have to prepare the end of my batch again with another slicer... more work to do. I was hoping for a quick fix on this issue, but it's still the same after 2 months...
  • Guest 2021-9-10
    Quote 3Floor
    Having the same problem. I've noticed crashes happen more when there's more than one copy of the model on the build plate. I've also noticed that if Lychee says the model has errors, Chitubox is absolutely going to crash when I switch tabs. 

Insane. 

(On a Mac)
  • Guest 2021-9-10
    Quote 4Floor

having the same problem, going back from support edit mode to main view will make chitubox crashes, event i start adding support or not.
    now that i know the bug i save my scene before clicking back and when it reopens i have my supports done.

i also noticed that this happen when i have multiple objects in my scene, and i edit them one by one.

once the last object has his supports done, the back button works normally, no crash...

• Guest 2021-9-13
    Quote 5Floor
    Had the same Prob and reinstall the old version 1.8.1
  • Anuj 2021-9-14
    Quote 6Floor
    I just bought an Elegoo Mars 2 Mono and the only print I am able to do is the one that came with it. All because of this buggy software. I am a hobbies and don't want to spend on subscription-based software. This basic version keeps crashing as soon as I try to hollow or put supports. Now I am regretting purchasing locked-in hardware.
  • Guest 2021-9-20
    Quote 7Floor
    A tip to help is:
    when you add multiple object in scene, select them all and clic on add support layout.
    this will make all detection in one shot, then you can come back to the main scene and select and edit them one by one.
  • Guest 2021-11-24
    Quote 8Floor
    I installed 1.9 on my Mac for the sonic mega 4k yesterday .. worked fine .. but today I cannot open it at all it keeps crashing . I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps on crashing .. any ideas ?
  • Guest 2021-11-28
    Quote 9Floor
    Surface Pro and V1.9. I was having problems both placing supports and switching away from the support tab. 
    In settings I turned on "Graphics Backward Compatibility" and was able to place supports.
    When I select one model and go to supports, I get crash when switching back. If I Select All, and go to supports, I can switch back and save.
    Buggy for sure, but these settings/actions have got me somewhat stable..."Save Early, Save Often" 
  • Guest 2022-1-30
    Quote 10Floor
    I went back to version V1.8.1 and it seems to stop this problem happening. Version 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 both crashed when clicking the tab to go back from the support tab
  • Cliff Knight 2022-1-31
    Quote 11Floor
    Upgrade to v1.9.1, it seems much more stable...
  • Guest 2022-5-17
    Quote 12Floor
    I can't even save or load without it crashing ... what garbage this is. How are they in business with this model?