Software Wont Even Respond On a High End PC?

Guest 2021-10-5 652

i9 processor, 128GB Ram, SSD, GeForce 2080Ti and the program wont respond!!!! 

New Post (7)
  • Guest 2021-11-7
    Quote 2Floor
    Same issue here.
  • Guest 2021-11-9
    Quote 3Floor
    Mine isn't super high end but it is a Surface Book 2 with an i7 and 16GB of RAM and it doesn't respond constantly. It is super annoying. It isn't a resource issues as far as I can tell when I look at utilization it doesn't even use that much processor or ram.
  • 2021-11-24
    Quote 4Floor

me too.

• Li Geng 2021-11-25
    Quote 5Floor
    Most likely it is a software conflict issue, you can either quit your runtime software one by one to track down which software conflicts with CHITUBOX.
    The following software may cause the conflict:
    - Anti-virus software
    - Tabtip (In Windows Task Manager it is called Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel)
    - PowerToys
    - Google Drive
  • 2021-11-26
    Quote 6Floor
    Li Geng nailed it. I was having the same issue and it turned out to be the Touch keyboard and Handwriting Panel Windows feature of all things. Here's what I did...

Click the Windows Start button, and in the Search field type services. msc and press OK.

In the Services list, double-click Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.

Change the Startup type to Disabled and click Apply.

Restart Windows

YMMV but after I did that it worked perfectly for me.
  • Cliff Knight 2021-12-4
    Quote 7Floor

"QT is a cross-platform development framework enabling your team to deploy a single codebase providing common APIs across all supported platforms. " [emphasis added]

-from QT's website (https://www.qt.io/product/qt-for-application-development/)-

Like much "combination" stuff (my fatrher had a ShopSmith¹ POS when I was a kid)--it can do a whole lot of things, but none of them especially well. Having retrired from System Deelopement after 50+ years I am comfortable statiung with some authority that for a complex application like Chitubox native code is the way to go. Graphics libraries and thelike can be helpful, but comples "cross-platform" development systems generally suck....

-----------------------------------------

¹- The ShopSmith could pretend to be a wood lathe, table saw, drill press, shaper, sander and planer--it was best, but not great at being a table saw, but table was too high and postage stamp sized--it did none of the other things at all well and at any point in time ended up configured as the tool you didn't want to use.

• Cliff Knight 2021-12-4
    Quote 8Floor

i forgot my main point above (part of being 74), that point was that as QT states it provides "...common APIs across all supported platforms."

That is a collosal pile of fudge--so does the now obsolete Visual Studio, it works great on all supported platforms (i.e. Windows XT through Win 7 and actually works pretty good on Linux with Wine).

Therefore if your system is not one of their "supported platforms" (not uncommon if running a bleeding edge system) it may not work correctly--or at all. I have never (again, in over 50 years of working with these insidious machines¹) seen a "cross-platform" development platform that worked for crap--even across all claimed "supported platforms"...

---------------------------------------

¹ - "To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."

-Paul R. Ehrlich-