Support of .lgs file type

ASU 2019-8-3 23181

I recently purchased an Alfawise w10 (which is the same as the Longer 3D Orange 10). The slicer packaged with these printers read .lgs files, and needless to say are overall lacking in features. I was hoping I could use ChiTuBox to create a .slc file to then pass into the slice to get my .lgs, however despite seeing .slc as a readable file the slicers only open .stl files. I would love it if you added support for these printers.

New Post (33)
  • Guest 2019-8-3
    Quote 2Floor
    I actually just came here wondering the same thing since I got an Orange 10 a couple days ago.
  • cody mathews 2019-8-12
    Quote 3Floor
    I also own an orange 10 and want to use the chitubox software in the sted of Longers slicer.  The longer slicer is glitchy and often crashes even after I run it in admin status. the igs file type is nessary.. will be hoping for the best.
  • jan 2019-8-12
    Quote 4Floor
    Yes!  Please get the Longer Orange 10 and like this also the AlfaWise W10 (which i have) supported by ChiTuBox.
    please, please, please.

this longerware is so crappy, cant handle almost none stl's decent, crashes al the time and why do i got to get it started as an administrator? worthless!

Please, ChiTuBox rescue us. ;)
  • jan 2019-8-12
    Quote 5Floor
    i mailed to Longer because my models got messed up. this is what they mailed back.
    they also offered me to fix my model. but that would not be clever.to many models get messed up in their software yet still. 

"  Hi Mr XXXXXX,
    This may be a compatibility issue between the model and the software. Our software will support the chitubox soon, the R&D department is checking it out, and it will be released in about two days. This will solve the problem by then. We will post to the official website and facebook, you can join our group.
    Thank you very much for your support. Thank you "
  • CHITUBOX 2019-8-13
    Quote 6Floor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMgGXb3N6uk
    convert ChiTuBOX slicer zip file to lgs for Longer Orange series SLA 3d printer
  • jan 2019-8-14
    Quote 7Floor
    haha. lol just wanted to share that link also.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMgGXb3N6uk
    lol.
    this is a great work-around we got today. but now the Longer printers should completely get implemented into the ChiTuBox list of printers so we do not have to open Longerware anymore at all.
    and if the Longer Orange10 is in the list. automatically the Alfawise W10 does work too. because this is the exact same printer.
    but for now we can do it as above.
  • Andrewctb 2019-9-21
    Quote 8Floor
    This is a much needed file type, There are a ton of these Orange and AlfaWise printers out there and being able to avoid using the Longerware would be a huge bonus.
  • Guest 2019-12-3
    Quote 9Floor

The latest ChiTuBox, 1.6.1 finally added the Orange 10 and 30 and when you try to save the slice file .LGS is the only option (no .ZIP). But when you hit Save it gives an error that .LGS is not a valid format and you need a plugin. I can't find this plugin anywhere so I have no way to save my file.

Edit: Never mind, I found the plugin. This is the link from the Longer 3D site.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1rPRw68b3Z1oqLwc7hSmP5A9Zx0HjatbE?fbclid=IwAR2XyvSs_jCWwqXymOh9ZEvcuyKNuj-ibnmbLAmfOsZMWzjJdke71kxANwQ

• 2019-12-25
    Quote 10Floor
    yes please add LGS, the Longer slicer wont even work on my computer, Chitu works perfect I've tried the same as others, got the profile, slice the model, hit save "no LGS support" this would be awesome, thank you.
  • CHITUBOX 2019-12-25
    Quote 11Floor
    yes please add LGS, the Longer slicer wont even work on my computer, Chitu works perfect I've tried ...
    Hello, CHITUBOX V1.6.1 already supports lgs format, please click the link below 
    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1uMnSBDKeK9if6TdWSsscwQ9E6BxCG6rK?fbclid=IwAR2XyvSs_jCWwqXymOh9ZEvcuyKNuj-ibnmbLAmfOsZMWzjJdke71kxANwQ
  • 2020-1-12
    Quote 12Floor
    There is not a .chplugin file in that plugin folder for chitubox to import.  Your instructions are faulty.  Try again
  • 2020-1-12
    Quote 13Floor
    correct.  this is not the right file format for the plugin.  the file in the google doc link is a *.json.  Not helpful as I so want to not use the Longer software anymore.
  • Guest 2020-1-15
    Quote 14Floor
    You can use the plugin which can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1rPRw68b3Z1oqLwc7hSmP5A9Zx0HjatbE?fbclid=IwAR2XyvSs_jCWwqXymOh9ZEvcuyKNuj-ibnmbLAmfOsZMWzjJdke71kxANwQ

To import the plugin read the included pdf file.
    Additionally you have to do the following (which worked for me): Just take the zip file you want to use and delete the ".zip" ending :) 
    Then you have the needed *.CHplugin file.

I exported a nice *.lgs file and the Orange 10 was happy to print with it.
  • Axiom WebWorks 2020-2-11
    Quote 15Floor
    This would really really be great if Chitubox could support writing .lgs files directly.  I appreciate the .zip work around but it's kind of a wonky fix when Chitubox supports other printers proprietary files Longer files would be a good addition
  • Squir107 2020-3-28
    Quote 16Floor

Just recently found this article in hopes of fixing the same problem.  I think i figured out a way to get the plugin to work (it at least works for me now).
    1.  Download the plugin file and unzip it.
    2.  Open Chitubox (I'm currently running 1.6.3)
    3.  From the menus select "Help", "Plugins", then select "Build Plugin".  It will then prompt you to select a folder.  Navigate to the folder you unzipped (this folder should have the .json file in it) and hit "Select folder"
    4.  This will return you to the Plugins menu.  Now select "Import Plugin" and navigate to the same file location.  You should find a new CH plugin file you can now use.  Import it and you should be able to make .lgs files now

Hope this helps :)

• 2020-4-9
    Quote 17Floor
    Hello all, hopping for some help.
    So I was wondering what am I doing wrong, I was able to install the plugin, I was able to make changes on Chittubox for the model but when I save the file to the usb, the file is not reconized by the printer (longer 30). Any help would be greatly apresiated.
    My steps.
    1. Open Chitubox
    2. Open the stl
    3. Changes the settings / add support
    4. Hit slice
    5. Save to desktop
    6. transfer to usb
    The printer does not see the file, even after putting it on the longer3d file
  • Guest 2020-4-9
    Quote 18Floor
    Squir107 Just recently found this article in hopes& ...
    You can do another thing:
    1/ Select the "CHITUBOX-Plugin-Longer3d-Orange30.CHplugin.zip" and rename it without the ".zip"
    2/ Import it after directly.
  • Quote 19Floor
    Hello all, hopping for some help. So I was wondering what am I doing wrong, I was able to install t ...
    I'm having the same problem.  Chitu 1.6.3   Longer Orange 30.  I got the plugin to work.  I've saved a file and ist saves it to the .lgs format.    But the printer will not read the file in the usb.  There is plenty of space in the usb.

Caveat:  I'm new at this.
  • cbd 2020-4-23
    Quote 20Floor
    Christopher M Sparke I'm having the same problem. Chitu 1.6.3 Longer Orange 30. I got the plugin to work. I've saved ...
    Hello, can you send me the file for testing?
  • cbd 2020-4-23
    Quote 21Floor
    Christopher M Sparke I'm having the same problem. Chitu 1.6.3 Longer Orange 30. I got the plugin to work. I've saved ...
    Hello, can you send the file to zengzhenggao@cbd-3d.com for testing?
  • Brian K 2020-4-29
    Quote 22Floor
    Has this been resolved? I installed latest Chitubox and when I try and save sliced model as .lgs I get error saying it is not supported ask vendor blah blah bah.... I can not import cfg as it doesn't see it. Ive tried all suggestions in here. About to give up and send unopend printer back. 
  • cbd 2020-4-29
    Quote 23Floor
    You can download the plugin here
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rPRw68b3Z1oqLwc7hSmP5A9Zx0HjatbE?fbclid=IwAR2XyvSs_jCWwqXymOh9ZEvcuyKNuj-ibnmbLAmfOsZMWzjJdke71kxAN
    And import it in chitubox to save lgs file
  • 2020-5-1
    Quote 24Floor

Plugin shows up as installed but I see no option to save-as LGS file.   Is this suppose to just show up under SAVE AS and then within the "Save As Type", there should be a LGS listing?   I have installed / re-installed several times both plugin and Chitubox itself with no success.    Thanks!

Running 1.6.4.3 BETA

• Dave 2020-5-2
    Quote 25Floor
    I got it here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zK2PgGpJY6x_HFpZTrEBOP0LPMdSY97q
    Had to change the .zip to a .CHplugin I also extracted the zip to the Chitubox folder and copied the plugin to the folder as well. When ready you slice then hit the save button it will ask where to save it (I put the estimated print time at the front of the file name just to help me with planing which print to print when) click the save button and it will automatically save in the correct format. Hope this helps someone.
  • 2020-6-21
    Quote 26Floor
    I have to say...this is a disappointment.  I'm having same problems and I'm following all the instructions above.  Why do we have to make this difficult for the customer.  I wished Shitubox would fix this.
  • Larry Downing 2020-6-23
    Quote 27Floor
    Did you click on settings and setup a new profile for the Longer printer? I got my printer yesterday and installed Chitubox, removed the default profile and created a new one which allows you to choose the printer you are using. With that and the plugin, I saved a file with longer extension with ease.
  • 2020-8-15
    Quote 28Floor
    Hi,

Anyone have the Plugin for 1.6.5.1?

Thank you for all!
  • Guest 2020-10-4
    Quote 29Floor
    i've had my longer printer for 4 months now and i still cant print anything. chitubox or longerware both wont work on my macbook pro can not get either program to slice or save .lgs  ..what is my next option?
  • cbd 2020-10-5
    Quote 30Floor
    Guest i've had my longer printer for 4 months now and i still cant print anything. chitubox or longerware ...
    To use the longer machine, you need to import the plug-in to save the lgs file.
    Plug-in address: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rPRw68b3Z1oqLwc7hSmP5A9Zx0HjatbE?fbclid=IwAR2XyvSs_jCWwqXymOh9ZEvcuyKNuj-ibnmbLAmfOsZMWxANJdke71k