Decrease pixel to produce acurate parts

home 2019-8-8 3432

hi guys we need to add the abiliy to reduce all faces in x & Y by a  pixel as its widly known that all prints are 0.1mm oversize on all x & Y faces z looks to be fine at the moment i am compensating through the stl file but this is inconvinient and hard on threads etc... 

this is a link to a utility that someone has made although it dose not work 

https://github.com/Hans2004/Anycubic-Photon-decreasePixel-with-GUI

please make this a priority as this will be a gamechanger for yourselves ! 

my spesific printer is anycubic photon.

New Post (15)
  • home 2019-8-10
    Quote 2Floor
    can you please give feedback or a solution ?
  • home 2019-8-16
    Quote 3Floor
    anyone help or i will return and buy another type of printer i think 
  • AxpDesign 2019-8-22
    Quote 4Floor
    If you find a solution please post it. I have spend hours looking for a way to do this myself. I also need precision parts. 
  • AxpDesign 2019-8-22
    Quote 5Floor
    Follow up - I found a solution

Z-Suite from Zortrax allows you to correct for 'overgrowth'

1) Download it - it's free!
    2) On the welcome screen select "External LCD Printers" which is small text above all the thumbnails of the company's own printer models. This will allow you to specify bed size/DPI and also the export format (Cws, Zip, Photon, Sl1, Cbddlp).
    3) The software guides you through a linear process with next buttons and a progress bar at the bottom of the screen. The second step is "Print Settings." To the right will be a menu - click the "Advanced" tab and you will see "Overgrowth Correction" halfway down. 

• Chester Simon 2019-9-22
    Quote 6Floor
    AxpDesign, 

Thanks. Hopefully they will add this to the Mars.
  • Peter Farsang 2019-10-8
    Quote 7Floor
    I also think this would be a valuable enhancement.
    Is there a chance you would implement it in the future?
  • Guest 2019-10-28
    Quote 8Floor

In my opinion decrese pixel or a xy compensation is a feature indispensable. Slicer for fdm like S3D have this feature

sorry for my bad english
    +1

• Guest 2019-11-9
    Quote 9Floor
    +1
  • 2020-5-18
    Quote 10Floor
    Horizontal size compensation is one of the most important features in a slicer when it comes to engineering, I too would greatly like to see this feature added +1
  • Guest 2020-6-21
    Quote 11Floor
    I just bought a Creality LD-002R printer and immediately I realized that this feature is essential. Please add this feature!! 
  • 2020-10-23
    Quote 12Floor
    It would be great to have this feature. So far I haven´t found a solution to do this on a mono x slice file. +1
  • Leto Atreides 2020-12-8
    Quote 13Floor
    OP, if you return the printer to buy another one, be sure that it doesn't require Chitubox as well, and check that the software it does require has the features you want.

You might also try different slicers: Lychee, Zortrax, Formware, etc...
  • cbd 2020-12-14
    Quote 14Floor
    Xy size compensation will be added in the new version
  • Dustin Kelley 2020-12-15
    Quote 15Floor
    +1
  • Ashraf Amayreh 2020-12-23
    Quote 16Floor
    This is extremely important. I tried increasing the pixel size to achieve this, but that makes the whole x-y smaller, not just walls which is not what's desired. Currently, my photon mono x is unusable for precise enclosures. Please make sure it will only compensate structures and not the complete x-y plain!

Finally, for this to be any use with photon mono x, support for pwmx will need to be deployed with this feature. If the pro was available with these features, I'd buy it.