Extremly Slow on Mac

Guest 2021-12-10 950

Hi,

I'm using Chitubox Free and Pro on my MacBook Pro (2020) with SSD and 16GB RAM.

But both versions are extremely slow.

If I use for example CB Free on a Windows 10/11 in a Parallels VM on the same Mac, a slicer process takes some seconds, while the same job takes 15-20 minutes with the "native" Mac version.

The same happens when I want to store a file. I can't understand, why saving an already sliced file takes ages in general, but here the Mac native version takes much longer than the Windows version in a VM.

Greetings

Joerg

New Post (3)
  • Guest 2022-1-3
    Quote 2Floor
    v1.8.1? Chitubox sucks. Zero bugfixes. Go Lychee
  • Cliff Knight 2022-1-3
    Quote 3Floor
    the latest versions of the QT Dev platform seem to have numerous compatibility issues on both the latest Windows and Mac operating systems...
    It is unfortunate that Chitubox put their eggs in the QT basket...
    Re: Lychee, I find the trendy, low contrast, dark UI to be quite unappealing--to the point that I will not use it...
  • Guest 2022-10-22
    Quote 4Floor
    Cliff Knight the latest versions of the QT Dev platform seem to have numerous compatibility issues on both the la ...
    I get it, I didn't want to have to learn and get used to a new tool.  But Chitubox sometimes literally takes hours to save for me.  I am slicing a file now and the slice and save have taken so long I have downloaded Lychee, watched a video on how to use it, learned the basics and sliced and saved 3 equivalent sized files and Chitubox is still churning on just one.  With many of the model companies going Lychee and providing files in that format coupled with how crappy the Chitubox program is, I am switching now.