Identifying Mars Version and V1.9.0

Guest 2021-12-13 843

Good morning all,

I have a bit of an unusual situation. 

For a few years now I've been using a Mars with Chitubox V1.5.0, saving under the .cbddlp file format. I've had no issues (besides standard machine maintenance). Recently, I also acquired a Mars 2 Pro. As part of the setup, I loaded Chitubox V1.9.0. Of course, the printer refused to read the .ctb files, but an update to the printer firmware fixed that. So now my Mars 2 Pro is working nicely with V1.9.0.

The problem now, though, is that if I select my Mars (not the 2P) in V1.9.0 when slicing, it exports only in the .ctb file format, which my Mars does not recognize. So, I go to download new firmware for it, but reading on Elegoo's Page on that, it seems that there is only firmware available for the Mars C and the Mars with the version C motherboard. The page warns that trying to load the firmware on a version A or B motherboard may brick the machine. 

So, I have two questions. Besides opening the machine, is there an easy way to identify the motherboard type in my Mars? I know they show the pictures and I really could just open the machine and look, but I'm thinking serial number, etc. I can open it, but I'd rather not if I don't need to. Second question, is there a way that I can force Chitubox V1.9.0 to export using the .cbddlp format that my Mars can read without the firmware update?

Right now I need to run both V1.5.0 and V1.9.0, but it's clear that the two versions are confilcting with the configuration files (when I open from one to another, all the slicer settings default to zero). I'd like to move to using only V1.9.0 so I don't lose my settings. And, I'd like to not brick my Mars in the process.

Thanks in advance!

New Post (2)
  • Cliff Knight 2021-12-17
    Quote 2Floor

Here's what the various revisions look like:

It's not a big deal to pop the cover and see what you have got.

If your Mars is indeed "a few years" old (as in "For a few years now I've been using a Mars...") I am surprised by your reluctance to pop a cover--surely you have replaced the LCD shutter by now--they only last 250 to 300 hours...

• 5 Months+
    Quote 3Floor

With Mars In 11th House Synastry, you are a stubborn but powerful individual. When you decide to do something, you do it. Mars is giving you the inner power.