Raft size changing on all models, not just selected model

Guest 2021-12-17 763

This is an incredibly annoying and frustrating issue with your garbage slicer program, that's preventing me from preparing files for printing, therefore preventing me from running my 3d printing business. 

The title says it all. When I select a model I've supported on the print bed in Chitubox 1.8.1, and tweak the raft size to accomodate the supports, When I go back out into the main edit mode, all the other rafts will all change to that new size as well, instead of staying as they were. I've tried carefully maneuvering the cursor so as not to activate other models when switching to support view, but that hasn't helped. I tried closing and reopening the program, and again, nothing helped. At this rate, I'm going to have to redo the entire project file from scratch, and even then, it will probably do this again. 

And don't tell me to use the new 1.9. whatever version, its even worse and more buggy than this one. You Chinese developers have absolutely zero quality control for your products. 

New Post (2)
  • Cliff Knight 2022-1-8
    Quote 2Floor

I agree with much of your sentiment, however it is a free program, and you do know you can "catch more flies with honey" do you not? In any event I believe the raft size is, as you have found, a global setting as are the other support configuration settings. For commercial use I would recomme a commercial application, not a "bundled" freebie...

• Cliff Knight 2022-1-8
    Quote 3Floor
    I played with this a bit and found that by creating supports as I like on a single model and then saving THAT model as a .stl file CHitubox also save the support structure. I can then load and slice 2 or more so "saved" .stl files with the desired support structure intact.