The settings menu is not visible (barely you can read the options). Also it crashes when either adding or deleting a printer

2022-1-9 1098

New Post (3)
  • Cliff Knight 2022-1-9
    Quote 2Floor
    What version of Chitubox? What operating system?
  • Richard Morrow 2022-1-17
    Quote 3Floor
    I fixed mine..I use Pro 1.5 so I can help there.  first open CB and settings....license....******write down long license # (yes, pen to paper-can't copy/paste later)*****.
    Close CB
    File Explorer to find CB under program file
    View contents and copy the "machine" file  and "userLogin.cfg" file to Desktop (these are backups for what we are doing)
    Looking at the same contents , left click once on machine to highlight. Hold ctrl down on keyboard and left click once on userLogin.cfg (these two files are highlighted).
    Invert selections (this is at the top of window). Now all files except the two we want are left // delete. This will leave the two files left (close out) Explorer.
    Restart the computer and let it settle..hehehe
    Open chitubox website and download the Pro 1.5 installer. Open it to install as when new.
    Hit validate license. Type what you wrote down (it's a pain in the ass) but the screen won't allow paste function. Make sure it's exact.
    it'll open open like usual.
    Hit "Setting/Help tab" then "Setting"  on left side.
    Second down is appearance. Adjust as you like.    ...............This and some fuctions disappeared because: I have a newer computer with a NVidia GPU.
    Also Fusion 360. You may not however. If you do. There is confusion with Win 11 over what graphics to use in certain programs.
    Open Win settings//Display//Graphics// scroll down and you will see a list of programs that basically need direction. Click the CB . Then "choose" It will list (1.) the onboard integrated GPU. (2.) Let windows decide. (3.) Nvidia GPU ++high performace++.  (4.) My GPU with "depending on".
    Pick (3) High performace and that tells Win 11 to use that and not "choose" i.e. problem.
    If your computer has an GUI for the brand it is (ex: Asus is Armory Crate, HP is HP assistant, etc.) These provide a one stop deal to pick profiles that will auto set many parameters for ease of customer confusion.
    Mine is Armory Crate where can choose Win mode, Vibrant mode, Gamer mode, Turbo mode. Mine is on Turbo yet Win is defaulting to slow Win mode for safety. This affects a slew of issues: screen res different in proggys. Functions disabled in proggys 'cause they require tons of GPU.
    So that's fixed mine 4 hrs of insanity.
  • Guest 7 Months+
    Quote 4Floor

It's crucial that the admin addresses these issues promptly. fnf