How to install on Google Chrome Linux Beta

Vortious customs 2019-9-29 4256

I have a Google Chromebook, and they have a Linux beta, but for some reason I can't seem to figure out how to install the Linux version onto it. Does anyone on here know how?

New Post (5)
  • 2020-1-7
    Quote 2Floor
    As I understand it, you will not be able to install this on a Chromebook. You can turn on Linux Beta in the Chromebook, but it does not appear that the Chrome OS is supported by Chitubox. https://support.google.com/pixelbook/answer/9031351?hl=en 
    Get a dirt cheap PC and install Ubuntu on it. That is the recommended Linux OS for Chitubox.
  • Guest 2021-3-20
    Quote 3Floor
    literally my issue right now chrome books a POS
  • 2023-1-22
    Quote 4Floor
    In 2023 on an intel chromebook I installed these packages "sudo apt-get install '^libxcb.*-dev' libx11-xcb-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libxrender-dev libxi-dev libxkbcommon-dev libxkbcommon-x11-dev" Then the Linux version of Chitubox ran perfectly. I hope this helps some people. 
  • 10 Months+
    Quote 5Floor
    This did not work for me. This does not even seem valid since there is no install location for chitubox in the command line. This seems like a scam somehow. Any installation for linux almost always requires the program name and version, especially in the linux command line on a chromebook. Be careful my freinds. 
  • 10 Months+
    Quote 6Floor

illustration friday has been a game-changer for me as an illustrator. The weekly challenges have pushed me to explore new ideas and styles, and the feedback from fellow artists has been invaluable. Highly recommended!