3d Connexion 3d mouse - navigation

celtsune 2019-10-19 7012

This is used heavily in cad.. and i totaly miss it when i can't use it withg chitubox.  Formlabs slicer surprisingly has it too. which is great!

Don't think its too hard to add on.. 3dConnexion has an sdk for their 3d mice.

Great way to navigate the interface and rotate aroung 3d interfaces.

Main site:

https://www.3dconnexion.com

Developer link:

https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/software-developer.html

New Post (45)
  • CHITUBOX 2019-10-19
    Quote 2Floor

Hello, thank you for your feedback. The CHITUBOX team is currently testing this device. What is your email address? We can send it to you after the test version is complete.
  • celtsune 2019-10-31
    Quote 3Floor
    Sorry i didn't see this sooner..  cj@cj-adams.com is a good way to get in touch with me.. Im on mac.. so this should be in both mac and pc versions please.
  • Quote 4Floor
    I'd like the same connectivity if possible. nerdstotherescuellc@gmail.com is mine if you need me to run tests.
  • Guest 2019-11-2
    Quote 5Floor
    Me too! I would like it.
  • Guest 2019-11-7
    Quote 6Floor
    I am also very interested in this.  Space Mouse integration would speed up adding custom supports by at least double, perhaps more.  As a heavy 3D Cad user, doing this kind of detail work with standard mouse camera manipulation is slow torture.  :D
  • celtsune 2019-11-8
    Quote 7Floor
    Totally agree.. adding supports will be very cool using this to rotate freely and add supports and see where they are exactly!!!  - mac and PC please!!
  • Guest 2019-11-28
    Quote 8Floor
    I agree on the speed up for navigation. Would love to be able to test it with my machine. MY EMAIL IS: bennett-charles@att.net. Thanks, in advance!
  • SolidForm 2019-11-29
    Quote 9Floor
    This is so widely spread tool that should be available to everyone. I would like that too :-). Please put it in a Download section! Please!
  • Guest 2019-12-1
    Quote 10Floor
    I would like this added too please! I feel lost without my 3d connexion 3d mouse. 
    Kalicrapsel@gmail.com
  • Guest 2019-12-5
    Quote 11Floor
    I can only agree with the previous speakers. It would be a great thing if you could do it soon. I would also offer myself as a tester. Thank you for this excellent program! eggidesign@googlemail.com
  • Guest 2019-12-5
    Quote 12Floor
    I would like it also.
  • 2019-12-7
    Quote 13Floor
    YES PLEASE! russfrancis@gmail.com
  • Guest 2019-12-28
    Quote 14Floor
    Can i have it too please?
  • 2019-12-30
    Quote 15Floor
    Did a test version of this actually get sent to anyone?  I would like to confirm it exists before posting my email address here.
  • celtsune 2020-1-7
    Quote 16Floor
    me too - cj@cj-adams.com
  • 2020-1-7
    Quote 17Floor

Please email me smetlitzky@hotmail.com as well for 3dconnexion spacemouse - I use this all the time with other CAD and would LOVE to have it for ChituBox

I am also on Mac
    Many Thanks, Steve

• 2020-1-8
    Quote 18Floor
    Me too!! Use 3Dconnexion with SolidWorks.  I'd be glad to beta test if you need.  tcann@gte.net
  • Guest 2020-1-13
    Quote 19Floor
    the addition of 3Dconnexion support will put this program to the top for generating supports!
  • 2020-1-23
    Quote 20Floor
    So the release says that the 3DConnexion space mouse is now supported.  I can get mine to zoom in and out but panning and orbiting aren't.  I'm willing to believe I can't find the settings to make this work properly.  Where is this configured, please?
  • celtsune 2020-1-28
    Quote 21Floor
    Is there a mac support as well. ?  
  • celtsune 2020-1-28
    Quote 22Floor
    celtsune Is there a mac support as well. ?
    you installed the 3dconnexion software? or have it already installed.. i do wonder if you just need to create a new profile
  • celtsune 2020-2-1
    Quote 23Floor
    ChiTuBox Hello, thank you for your feedback. The CHITUBOX team is currently testing this device. What is yo ...
    Any news on the mac side of this ?
  • XShifter 2020-2-8
    Quote 24Floor
    Same here. Only good for zooming. Pretty useless. Hopefully they can get this feature working soon. It makes it so much easier to use. What I've seen, Spacemouse is almost unheard of in China and most of Asia, so its probably not a high priority for them.
  • CHITUBOX 2020-2-8
    Quote 25Floor
    Me too!! Use 3Dconnexion with SolidWorks.  I'd be glad to beta test if you need.  tcann@gte.net

OK,i will send email to you

• celtsune 2020-2-11
    Quote 26Floor
    Mac version? do you have a build of that ready too?
    cj@cj-adams.com
  • 2020-2-21
    Quote 27Floor
    I'm running Chitubox ver 1.6.3 which claims to have Spacemouse support, but when I try to use it I can only zoom in and out and can't rotate the view or anything.  Is there a setting somewhere I need to enable?  I would really like to get this working.
  • 2020-5-3
    Quote 28Floor
    1.6.4.3 also doesn't properly support 3dconnexion, all we can do is zoom.
  • Guest 2020-5-6
    Quote 29Floor
    i have the same problem with 1.6.4.3 - only zoom is working...
  • 2020-5-9
    Quote 30Floor
    All functions work for me, however, chitbox doesn't respect the mappings - reverse inputs or changing the zoom to up and down.