Hi! I own an Elegoo Mars and I'm using ChiTuBox quite a lot to add supports to my models and I came up with this "wishlist" of things that, I think, could improve the software. Some where already suggested by others in this thread
1) move the "remove all" button away from the add/delete/modify buttons and show a confirmation dialog box before removing all the supports. clicking it by mistake after 30/40 minutes spent placing supports is very frustrating. being able to undo it would also be usefull
2) while adding a new support, show a wireframe preview of the area where the support would be placed on the model of the size of the contact point set in my support settings (ie: if my light support are set with a 0.10 mm round circle, draw a circle centerd on the green marker on the model with a 0.10 mm equivalent diameter). this will immensely speed up support placing as we would know where the support tip wil end on the model
3) add a keyboard shorcuts to the add/delete/modify support buttons. Becase we don't know exactly where the support will end on the model (see #2 above) I often swich between add/delete/modify and most of the time I end up trying to add a support after having spent 5 minutes to pinpoint the new locatin and nothing happen because I'm still in delete-mode. So I need to move the mouse away from the model to swith to add mode and have to pinpoint the spot all over again
4) add an option to hide already placed supports. I can be really frustrating if not nearly impossibile the reach an island while moving around the jungle of already placed supports. Maybe replace the already placed one with a marker like Cura does
Hello! Is it possible to add slice option to compensate X/Y inner and outer dimentions by removing or adding perimeter pixels? https://www.uniz.com/support/support_shrink/ https://zortrax.com/software/ Overgrowth correction Model’s outer dimensions can be decreased and holes enlarged with 1 pixel corresponding to 0.1 mm on both sides in total.
A Guest's entry, about 2 months ago asked..."Can I generate The File after hollowing and support Generation as STL File ?" I second and triple this request. The ability to export the final configuration as an STL would make this software infinitely more useful. I'd like to be able to import ChiTuBox's files into Nova3D NovaMaker, MeshMixer, Cura 4.x, Fusion360, etc. Others would likely benefit from this feature as well, I am sure. Hopefully, the Pro version won't be too expensive, I'm willing to pay some money in order to get this as an added feature. I see that there is a plug-in on github, https://github.com/opensourcemanufacturing/Nova3D-Elfin/, posted by DesignCell 24 Days+ ago. I may try that on my Mac (or not) - but that is a singular solution, not an adaptive grand scale solution.
When Anti-Aliassing is enabled, the maximum value of pixels inevery PNG slice is not 255 but 204. This affects considerably the performance of my Phrozen Transform. I had to implement a script to normalize the maximum value to 255.
Hi, I've some idea of features that will be very usefull on chitubox (not really sure this is the proper place to provide those feedback):
1) lot of time using auto support or adding them manually I have to revert back to export the slices as photon file and validated them in Photon file validator that is doing a very nice job in identifying critical area that need support. It would be very nice if there would be a way to have similar function in Chitubox to validate the result of auto supporting or maybe as a pre step to identify layer by layer what need to be supported or not. Or eventually if there would be an API we can think somehow to create an interaction so that it can be automatically reported back what are the missing point. 2) Can you add the possibility on the interface when using sliders to go to specific "slide" to insert directly the number of the slice in addition to having to scrool with the mouse or using the arrow key ? Since with Photon File Validator I know exactly what is the layer I need to check it would much more easy to be able to just type the number in 3) I've also found that auto support tend to create too many support compared to what needed, there is a way to better control the usage of support ? Seems that other products (i.e. Prusa Slicer) have a much more granular parametrization 4) It would be possible to have an option to tell auto support to only generate support going on the plate instead of connecting to the model ? (this could lead to some missing support) or even better next point 5) Don't know if technically feasible but it would be very nice to have an auto support mechanism allowing to generate support in every part of the model that goes back to the plate instead of connecting to other part of the model. This reduce the point that can be "damaged" by support removal 6) There should be more control on support generation (i.e. how multiple support connect each other, etc.) again a good reference could be what is possible with Prusa
I had version 1.6.3 and tried to update to 1.6.5 and what happened was the scaling went out where in the Z axis it would print full size but in the x and y axis it would print at 67.5% even though the scaling for each axis says 100%. I deleted the newer version and went back to the old version and this problem persisted. I decided to see if it was the printer or slicer so I used another slicing program and it printed correctly. As I like Chitubox does anyone have an answer for this weird situation/conflict between the old and new version?
I'm sorry if these have already been suggested but I was hoping the navigation could be changed so that the camera rotated around the center of the screen rather than the center of the "build plate". When I'm adding supports off to the side of the build area trying to rotate around that side is very frustrating. I would also like to be able to pan the camera while I'm in "edit support" mode. It's annoying that I have to switch to Add or Delete every time I want to pan the camera. Thanks!
Hello Linux debian user here have run into a problem of actually installing chitubox I have clicked to execute or run as open is not listed, but when trying to execute the installer says files are corrupt. Any help is appreciated
Why are the Profiles linked to a printer and a resin? It makes no sense, in my opinion. I have a Peopoly Phenom printer, but I like the Anycubic Plant-based UV Resin. But, the Profiles are tied to both the printer (Peopoly Phenom) and the resin (Deft Resin) It should be like Sli3r where you define you machine settings, then you can add different filaments (in this case resins) to that particular machine.