1.9.3 on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 error: "version `GLIBC_2.29' not found"

2022-6-12 1940

On Linux, Ubuntu 18.04 I'm running the AppRun file simply as
`./AppRun`

And getting the following error:

`./AppRun: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by ./AppRun)`

So far as I gather from some google searching this is a compile error where ChituBox has been compiled on an Ubuntu 20.04 machine and thus has requirements my machine can't meet.

I am by no means an expert on OS software though, that's just what I'm got looking at similar errors on other applications.

I'd obviously like to avoid updating my entire OS simply to run this, does anyone have a solution to this?

New Post (2)
  • Li Geng 2022-6-16
    Quote 2Floor
    The minimum supported Ubuntu version is 20.04 LTS: https://manual.chitubox.com/user-manual-basic/requirements#linux
  • Guest 8 Months+
    Quote 3Floor

According to my search results, the error message you’re seeing is caused by a missing version of the GLIBC library. The GLIBC library is a collection of C libraries that are used by many programs on Linux systems. The error message indicates that the version of the library installed on your system is older than the version required by the program you’re trying to run. One solution to this problem is to install the required version of the GLIBC library on your system. I tried in my angry gran system. However, this can be a complex process and may require updating other parts of your system as well. Another solution is to use a virtual machine or container to run the program. This allows you to create an isolated environment with the required libraries and dependencies without affecting your main system.