V1.9.2 and 1.9.3 placing supports out in space; not recognizing model

Sometimes, I try to place manual supports on an object and the supports completely miss the object. Occasionally the program doesn't seem to recognize the object I want to place supports on at all instead just placing the supports out in space. I've tried seeing if it's due to an external SSD i plug in, or a thumbdrive I use but there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern; it just does it all the time but rarely things will work correctly. 

I tried attaching a video but it doesn't want to attach.

New Post (6)
  • 4 Months+
    Quote 2Floor

Having the same problem. Windows 11 Home. And even with Chitubox 1.9.4

• Guest 3 Months+
    Quote 3Floor
    Having the same problem. Windows 11 Home. And even with Chitubox 1.9.0, 1.9.2 1,9,4
  • Richard 3 Months+
    Quote 4Floor
    Guest Having the same problem. Windows 11 Home. And even with Chitubox 1.9.0, 1.9.2 1,9,4
    Had the same problem, turns out the problem was a wrong setting in my graphicscard support program. chitubox was not running through my Nvidia graphics card but via the onboard graphics solution but the screen was controled by Nvidia. This caused that "in space placing" of supports. Once I chanced the setting so both were running through Nvidia the problem was solved.
  • Richard 2 Months+
    Quote 5Floor
    I have the same problem. It started with v1.9.0. changing the graphics settings hasn't solved the problem. V18.x.x works fine on my old 64bit Windows7 machine.
  • D Redford 1 Months+
    Quote 6Floor
    I'm having the same problem and its being going on for weeks.  When will it be fixed?
  • Guest 2 Days+
    Quote 7Floor
    Im on v1.91, the last version to work with an AnyCubic Photon Mono X v1 & v2 both running 3.4.7fw, and I am having the same problem.