Chitubox Keeps Crashing When Adding Supports

Andrew 2020-1-1 8893

When im trying to add supports to a model occasionally its just been freezing for a second and then closing Its happened a few times today.

Ive included the log file as an attachment Hopefully that helps.

上传的附件:
New Post (18)
  • Guest 2020-1-6
    Quote 2Floor
    I am also having this issue lately.
    I originally thought it may be because I was doing a few models at the same time in one project but it also happens when I have just one model and even with very few supports added.
    I hope they come out with a update to address this issue soon. It is a pain to deal with especially when you get quite a few supports placed between saves. Having to save the project after placing every single support is tiresome.
  • Guest 2020-3-14
    Quote 3Floor
    I am also experiencing this issue frequently, seems to occur most when I have a few models and save the project and reopen it. Initially adding supports has no issues for me but once I open up a saved project adding or editing a support will essentially guarantee a brief pause then crash to desktop.
  • Al 2020-3-16
    Quote 4Floor
    I was not having the issue until the most recent update which I downloaded this morning.  I have yet to print anything because I was trying different projects first.  I finally went forward to add supports and it crashes immediately.  I uninstalled all versions and installed the original file but it crashed too.
  • 2020-3-16
    Quote 5Floor
    Same here, after adding supports, which is the most pain in the a... it crashes after try to slice the model. PLS fix it
  • Guest 2020-3-22
    Quote 6Floor
    Experiencing the same, seems to be repeatable.   Generate something, save it, come back, any strut you add crashes it.   trying to figure out if it's because i have multiple models on one thing, didn't do it to me when I did a single piece.   but added supports to four models, found an island, went to fix it post slice on the saved chitubox file (not the sliced file) and it crashes.
  • Guest 2020-3-22
    Quote 7Floor
    oh, hey.   i selected the file in the list of files first so that piece was selected, and it let me add the support.  will keep testing.
  • Guest 2020-3-22
    Quote 8Floor
    yes, can confirm.  if model isn't selected in the list, the app will crash.  forgot to switch and lost my work :(
  • Guest 2020-5-1
    Quote 9Floor
    The Chitubox software is crashing when I try to add supports, why is this, is there a fix as it seems to be going on for a while.
  • 2020-5-27
    Quote 10Floor
    +1. I'm also experiencing crashes, though I have encountered the crash while editing the support.
  • Codewalrus 2020-6-2
    Quote 11Floor
    I'm also seeing this repeatedly. I've used stable and beta versions. Same issue.
  • Guest 2020-6-6
    Quote 12Floor
    Mine as well. 

Are the .PHZ files just zips with a proprietary extension? There are some files I can't print as a result of this crash.
  • Guest 2020-7-6
    Quote 13Floor
    yeah me 20.
  • Guest 2020-7-6
    Quote 14Floor
     A lot of companies don't have proprietary slicer programs. They tell you to use chitubox, which is endlessly buggy.n They either need a stable version of chitubox or a program that works as a alternative. Losing hours of work is really frustrating. 

As a fix for this completely idiotic problem In was told to select the model you want to add supports to before trying to add a support. If this fixes it that is am very simple fix to add to the programming. There is no reason it shouldn't be fixed a year after it started.  Will someone pleas make a decent program. Mix chitubox and photon file validator,  and make it stable. I will pay for that.  To get a file to my printer it has to go through 3 programs and 4 file types. Why? Why isn't there one program that works and does everything? It's not rocket science, it's computer science. 
  • Nick Huffman 2020-7-22
    Quote 15Floor
    It seemed to be resolved an update ago but started again today..
  • cbd 2020-7-22
    Quote 16Floor
    Did you raise the z-axis in the setting interface when adding support?
  • Guest 2021-1-11
    Quote 17Floor
    i cant even make it past two models without it crashing. running a printing service and chitubox doesnt mix. chitubox honestly is a huge let down to find this problem still is happening within the time ive been printing and still is happening. bye chitubox 
  • Guest 2021-9-14
    Quote 18Floor
    I've been having this problem for the last couple of weeks. Chitubox crashes after adding supports and trying to exit the support tab. It crashes 2 out of 3 times. It's barely usable.
  • Jesse Moody 2021-9-18
    Quote 19Floor
    Guest I've been having this problem for the last couple of weeks. Chitubox crashes after adding supports a ...
    Yeah I'm having same issue. Add all my supports hit tab to go back and crash. Literally almost 100% of the time. I have never had this issue before till now. It is really frustrating bc it is almost unusable.