Automatic Pause Points

Thierry Deux 2020-1-6 526

Is there a way of editing the sliced file to add an automatic "Pause" function(using an Elegoo Mars) at certain layers? Most printer firmwares have some sort of pause function, it would be interesting to be able to activate that right from the slicer at precise points during the print. Alternatively modifying the sliced file to add that function would be interesting as well. Any thoughts?

New Post (6)
  • Guest 5 Months+
    Quote 2Floor
    I too would love to know this. 
  • cbd 5 Months+
    Quote 3Floor
    Can you talk about specific application scenarios? Can you send an email to support@chitubox.com? Looking forward to your reply.
  • Guest 5 Months+
    Quote 4Floor
    Similar to how Cura does: "Add Z pause" -> "layer / mm" you could have custom commands. Another custom command would be "Raise Z temporarily" -> "layer / mm" so the resin could drip out of the shelled out models before closing the bottom part
  • Guest 5 Months+
    Quote 5Floor
    I'm curious why. To shoot a time lapse? 
  • Guest 5 Months+
    Quote 6Floor
    Change color of resin for example
  • Guest 5 Months+
    Quote 7Floor
    It would be nice pause at a certain layer to check the print to make sure you don't have an issue.  I mean to check on the print after 20 minutes, but I get distracted.  If it paused, and made an audible beep, then I would go check on the print.