Continuous crahes while adding supports

Joseph Brophy 2020-4-11 1114

I support models for a living and I get 2-3 crashes a day, sometimes totaling hours of lost work. An autosave feature, or even the ability to save project with control-s would solve this easily. I would personally recommend an autosave to a specific project file every 5 minutes. 

This happens the most often when I move the camera or try to stack supports.

New Post (9)
  • cbd 2020-4-13
    Quote 2Floor
    We are very sorry for the trouble caused by the support problem. We are optimizing the support function. I have feedback from the R & D team about the automatic saving problem.
  • Guest 2020-4-22
    Quote 3Floor

I have this same issue. I have not printed in a month because Chitubox will not add supports, I dont even want to try slicing. Is there any updates on this issue??

Specifically, when I add supports, doesn't matter the complexity of the model, it will act like it will be auto adding supports but the process takes forever and it will eventually crash. I haven't had the patience to let it work for more then 30 minutes because even if it worked I am not going to be using chitubox with that kind of lag. I cannot add manual support one by one. I was able to no problem before so I dont know what could be causing this issue

• cbd 2020-4-22
    Quote 4Floor
    Hello, we are optimizing the support problem, and the speed of slicing and support has been greatly improved. And a new version will be released soon.
  • cbd 2020-4-22
    Quote 5Floor
    Guest I have this same issue. I have not&am ...
    Hello, if it is convenient, can you send the file to zengzhenggao@cbd-3d.com for testing?
  • cbd 2020-4-22
    Quote 6Floor
    Or send video
  • Mark 2020-4-29
    Quote 7Floor
    I'm also getting a ton of crashes while trying to add manual supports.  I have some projects that I have saved.  If I open one and attempt to add an additional support, Chitubox crashes instantly.  Very annoying because it takes a long time to get things setup correctly and if you find your model might do with a few additional supports, you have to start from scratch because adding supports mostly doesn't work.
  • cbd 2020-4-29
    Quote 8Floor
    Now the official website has updated the beta version of 1.6.4.3, which optimizes the support
  • Mark 2020-4-30
    Quote 9Floor
    1.6.4.3 is the version I was using when I was getting all my crashes manually adding support to a loaded project.
  • Guest 2020-4-30
    Quote 10Floor
    I am getting crashes every 2 minutes. last crash ruined my savefile