Features to improve manual and automated support generation

Guest 2020-5-10 1127

1) It would be awesome if the support system could manually add nexus spheres for attaching support lattice to.  This would make it a lot easier to build support scaffolding around models where there isn't a straight path to the build plate.  Basically, let the user drop in spheres that we can manually (or automated) connect support rods to.

2) Improve control over support attachment points.  It is really difficult to place supports exactly where I want when I need to route them around parts of the model, since current implementation doesn't let me control both attachment points easily.  (often it will refuce to place a support conection point)  Along with #1 above, please improve the supoprts to be able to independently place the attachment points.  

3) Along with #2, add interface to manually enter/edit the xyz coordinates of the attachment points, for precise control. The ui clicking currently is really finicky and often does not place support where you want. 

3) The nexus spheres could provide a hint to the autosupport generation probably. Think about how #1 and #2 can interact with auto support generation.  

Between these two features, it would make generating custom support for tricky spots in models MUCH better.

New Post (4)
  • cbd 2020-5-11
    Quote 2Floor
    Hello, thank you very much for your suggestion. I have feedback it to the R & D team. Can you give me your email address? If you can, please send an email to: support@chitubox.com
  • 2020-5-15
    Quote 3Floor
    +1 - Selecting the island from ABOVE, would be great. Run the layer bar down to the island and see if from above. Then click on the island. Sometimes, it's hard to rotate the view to get UNDER the island enough to get it to lock on.
  • 2020-5-15
    Quote 4Floor
    +1 - Just thought of another technique. Could we implement a two point support add, click the from and to positions so we can select where we want the base to be? Even if that is connected to another Nexus point like the suggestion above.
  • cbd 2020-5-16
    Quote 5Floor
    Thank you for your comments, if you can, please send them to: support@chitubox.com