Win10 Thumbnail Previews Keep Crashing Explorer

2020-5-17 6412

Using the beta.  The Win10 thumbnail previews keep crashing explorer, forcing it to restart. Is there a way to uninstall/disable the thumbnail preview integration?

New Post (10)
  • R.C.W. de Jong 2020-5-17
    Quote 2Floor
    I run into the same problem. Had to do a system recovery. Won't reïnstall the program untill this bug is fixed by Chitubox
  • cbd 2020-5-18
    Quote 3Floor
    hello,
    Are you using 1.6.4.3?
    You can uninstall the CHITUBOX_Thumbnail.dll file in the installation directory, and then restart the resource manager.
  • cbd 2020-5-18
    Quote 4Floor
    Uninstall steps
    1. Open cmd with administrator rights
    2. Enter the command: regsvr32 / u "path (CHITUBOX_Thumbnail.dll path)"
    3. Restart the resource manager
  • Guest 2020-5-19
    Quote 5Floor
    Had the same problem on one of the computers in our makerspace. Running the regsvr32 command did work just fine here. 
    Did have to temporarily install it on another pc (but NOT click the option to restart explorer to get the thumbnails working, because that is what caused the crashing) to get the path though. So for anyone else's reference the path should be something like "C:\Program Files\ChiTuBox64 1.6.4.3 Beta"    or 32 if you aren't installing the 64 bit version. 
  • Juan C Walls 2020-11-23
    Quote 6Floor
    More than six months later, with version 1.7.0, CHITUBOX_Thumbnail.dll keeps crashing Explorer when previewing STL files in thumbnails or Preview Pane. Is it so complicated to fix it, Chitubox?
  • cbd 2020-11-23
    Quote 7Floor
    Sorry for the bad experience, we will try to fix it before the next version is released
  • Guest 2020-11-26
    Quote 8Floor

I also have the same problem, I am attaching the video https://youtu.be/XmHJZBwqGsE , I solved it by deleting C:\Program Files\CHITUBOX64 1.7.0\CHITUBOX_Thumbnail.dll
    Also Chitubox does not work with the Intel HD 630 integrated video card and I have to force the use of the dedicated Nvidia GTX 1050 mobile video card.

• cbd 2020-11-27
    Quote 9Floor
    Guest I also have the same problem, I am&am ...
    Yes, this is the reason that OpenGL does not support, we are working hard to fix it
  • Guest 2021-4-8
    Quote 10Floor
    Please post a patch for this. Its breaking all my other programs that use obj files
  • Quote 11Floor
    Same issue occurs still, with your most recent version...