Chitubox causes Substance Painter to crash when opening a file. Mouse freezes when changing UI regions in chitubox.

2020-5-19 3013

There appears to be a strange conflict with substance painter and chitubox.

Does chitubox do something to win10 explorer / shell? Some known issues with substance painter is custom windows shells.

Everything is updated to the latest versions including chitubox, nvidia drivers, win10 etc.

I can only use substance painter if I uninstall chitubox.

Chitubox also freezes for a second when moving the cursor between the different UI regions inside chitubox.

System specs

i9-9900k

32gb Gskill 3600

Nvidia 2070 Super

Maximus XI Hero

Kingston 2tb A2000 SSD's

Win10 

Attached peripherals

Wacom Tablet

Mouse & KB

New Post (8)
  • cbd 2020-5-20
    Quote 2Floor
    hello,
    Can you send your question to support@chitubox.com by video?
  • Rodrigo 2020-7-25
    Quote 3Floor
    The same issue is happening for me. 
    Running on Ryzen Threadripper 1950, 64 GB ram, rtx 2080 and win 10
  • Ron Power 2020-8-30
    Quote 4Floor
    Same thing happening to me. Windows 10, NVIDIA GEForce 1070, i-5 2500, 16 GB RAM
  • ddpatron 2020-8-31
    Quote 5Floor
    Same, if I install Chitubox on the same system that Substance Painter, this program crash when I try to create a new project and open the windows explorer to select a file. I think that this is a problem with the miniatures of the 3D files that Chitu show us or any incompatibility with the thumbnail viewer for the explorer. Sorry, i don't know where is the origin of the problem. Thanks for all!
  • ddpatron 2020-9-2
    Quote 6Floor

Hi guys, install Chitubox 32 bits version (I have win10). No more problems between Substance Painter and Chitubox for me. Regards!

• cbd 2020-9-2
    Quote 7Floor
    Please disable the thumbnail function in chitubox, we are looking for the reason, but my computer can indeed use two software at the same time (thumbnail can also be used normally).
  • cbd 2020-9-2
    Quote 8Floor

• 6 Months+
    Quote 9Floor

Thanks for sharing this troubleshooting experience. It's frustrating when software conflicts disrupt your workflow. Have you tried any specific Office decor or setup changes in your workspace to help alleviate these issues, or do you think it's purely a software conflict?