Save Speed

David Hofmann 2020-7-20 2346

I've noticed that time to write slice files seems to be slower. To be clear, I'm not talking aobut calculating the slice. I found the option concerning Volume calculation and turned that off already. I'm talking about when it's done slice calculating and I click save. Since moving to 1.6.5 it's much slower. I downgrade to check and one of the models I have a STL of it took about 45 second to save in the 1.6.3, but 2 minutes and 5 second for 1.6.5.

Not the end of the world. But it's an odd things. 

New Post (3)
  • cbd 2020-7-22
    Quote 2Floor
    I cut a 14.7M model here: 1.6.5 slice (10s) + save (24s)
    1.6.3 Slice (16s) + Save (40s)
  • Guest 2020-10-15
    Quote 3Floor
    I have noticed that, on the Mac, if I completely close Chitubox before opening a new model, the slow slice and save issue goes away.  It's like the more you open new projects without totally restarting Chitubox causes the program to bog down and eventually be unusable due to slice and save times.  I have had it take over an hour to save a fairly standard sliced model.  Now that I completely restart the program between projects it runs pretty quickly.
  • Quote 4Floor
    I found a work-around which solved the slow export / saving issue for me.

In my experience, some of the machine definitions have a problem which causes the export to be very slow (up to 5 hours at a time). My issue was with the Epax X1K. When I use the X1K default machine definition which is shipped with CHITUBOX, it takes hours and hours to export. I ended up using a the Epax X1 definition which is a very similar printer and then modified the resolution and other settings to match the X1K. This worked beautifully. The export was very quick again and my print came out perfect. I am using a Mac.

Try using a similar machine and then update it with the particular resolution and settings of the printer you are using.