Since the update my files slice in seconds but when I save the file, it takes over 15 minutes and sometimes longer to save the file. These are not large complex files, but this is ridiculous. Is there something I can do to fix this?
Same here. I have Elegoo Saturn setup. 3 quite complex models. I found removing "volume calculation" makes slicing fast, but writing to file is taking too much time. I mean, 30-40 minutes so far and it is still at maybe 20% visually. I can see file it is writing to is growing slowly. so it has not stuck. But seriously - this is a bit too much. I've measured. It is writing ~1.6MB per minute. Another detail - all three models have tons of build-in supports that I generated in Prusa Slicer.
Another Elegoo Saturn here. Taking ages to slice if you want the volume estimate and then saving the file is taking over an hour to write to usb after slicing. I also tried saving to an SSD to see if that would help but got similar results.
Same issue on 188.8.131.52 using AA Grey level 3 and Image Blur Pixel 3. Slices pretty quick, writing regardless to which device takes a LONG time. Sometimes it appears to improve after a reboot of workstation. This has only started wtih 184.108.40.206 for me and Using the Saturn. I've never had this type of issue in the past with Photon.
same here with 1.7.0 and 1.6.x versions. Slicing can be done quickly but writing the ctb is very slow. I thought it might be writing to a slow USB stick but now I've tried it to the main SSD on my computer and it still takes 10-15 minutes for a ctb file that ended up being ~350MB.
It's the same here with version v1.7 it take around 40 minutes to save anything for mars 2 pro so not as big as the Saturn but still!! That's is way too long !! Please fix this we lost way to much time with that !
I found a work-around which solved the slow export / saving issue for me.
In my experience, some of the machine definitions have a problem which causes the export to be very slow (up to 5 hours at a time). My issue was with the Epax X1K. When I use the X1K default machine definition which is shipped with CHITUBOX, it takes hours and hours to export. I ended up using a the Epax X1 definition which is a very similar printer and then modified the resolution and other settings to match the X1K. This worked beautifully. The export was very quick again and my print came out perfect.
Try using a similar machine and then update it with the particular resolution and settings of the printer you are using.
I just tried something similar by just adding a second copy of my actual model of printer (Epax e10) and then slicing/saving and that seemed to work as well! I did make 1 change to the default resolution, then changed back to what it should be. Thanks for the inspiration! v1.9.0 btw