UI Scaling & Resolution

2020-10-5 1946

I have a dual monitor setup, with an ultrawide 3840x1200 and an UHD big screen 3840x2160 (main), and Chitubox is useless in either one. It opens on my main monitor with UI scaled up so much that a blind person could read it. Looks like a game for toddlers.

Moving it from my UHD to my ultrawide cuts off most of the settings on the right.

I have to switch main displayes to make it work correctly. Stangely enough it still opens in my UHD even when that is no longer the main monitor*

But at least I can now move it to my uw and it looks as it should

But having to change the main monitor every time, just so i can run this program correctly is not something i want to do. 
Maybe add some UI scaling option in the settings?

*Another strange behavoir is the spalsh screen and where the program opens.
At default, with my UHD as main monitor, the splash screen appears (scaled up) on my ultrawide (secondary monitor), but the propgram opens on the main monitor (UHD). When I switch main monitors in the display settings to make the UI scale work correctly, the spalsh screen (now at correct size) still opens on the secondary screen (now the UHD), but the program does not open in the main (now the ultrawide) as you would suspect, but still opens on the UHD (which is now the secondary). 

BTW, in the config file, this is being saved:

applicationHeight:1720

applicationWidth:2048

changing it does not save it, instead at restart, the app just resets to this weird resolution.

New Post (8)
  • WingedYeti 2020-11-3
    Quote 2Floor
    I am having issues with the Resolution of the UI as well. But I have 2x 4k monitors and doing the "Properties>Compatibility>Change high DPI settings" isn't working for me. 
  • 2020-11-3
    Quote 3Floor
    Same thing happening. Cannot seem to get models to show up on screen.
  • 2021-1-24
    Quote 4Floor
    This is almost unusable in 55" 4k screen... all (fonts, icons, UI in general) is scaled too large, really hard to use.. please fix this bug!!!
  • 2021-3-23
    Quote 5Floor
    This is really annoying and almost renders the software useless.
  • cbd 2021-3-26
    Quote 6Floor
    hello.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, we will test it.
  • Guest 2022-2-2
    Quote 7Floor
    I've had this issue on Fedora Linux (v 1.9.0 and 1.9.1) as well.  Setting QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1 and QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 only seems to affect the splash screen, but then the application itself just ignores it.  could you maybe be resetting those values accidentally in the application environment and preventing it from fixing it?
  • Cliff Knight 2022-2-5
    Quote 8Floor
    What video card do you have, what drivers? The QT platform can be flaky on some hardware. I have no issues with v1.9.1 (seems to be their most stable release in a while) on Mint 20.3, with a 2GB NVIDEA GeForce GT740 and NVIDEA's 470.86 driver.

QT doesn't seem to like non-mainstream  cutting/bleeding edge hardware either--they say it works great on all "supported hardware" though...
  • Guest 10 Months+
    Quote 9Floor
    Was this ever fixed? Having this issue on my 4k 55 inch display