Can't install - Developer isn't trusted

MeezerMama 2020-10-18 2208

Trying to install newest version 1.7.0 on my Mac.  It says it can't verify the developer or that the application is free of Malware.  It won't let me install.   I am *not* running any auxiliary security programs - this is coming directly from the Mac itself.   Suggestions?

New Post (16)
  • cbd 2020-10-19
    Quote 2Floor
    https://macresearch.org/macos-cannot-verify-that-this-app-is-free-from-malware/#:~:text=If%20you%20see%20the%20%E2%80%9CmacOS,latter%20might%20not%20be%20safe
  • Guest 2020-10-26
    Quote 3Floor
    MacOS will keep this warning until ChituBox is digitally signed by the developer, which is a very easy part of the build process. https://developer.apple.com/developer-id/ . I've done it before - it

Note that digital signing apps does _not_ mean that the app is distributed through the Mac App Store. Many apps that are direct downloads from developers are digitally signed.
  • cbd 2020-10-27
    Quote 4Floor
    We'll do Mac certification.
  • Guest 2020-11-6
    Quote 5Floor
    same problem, I see what you have said but I'm struggling to work it out
  • Guest 2020-11-6
    Quote 6Floor
    When will you solve this issue? we can't use our printer! 
  • Guest 11 Months+
    Quote 7Floor
    I'm having the same issue. I downloaded, but can't install it on my Mac. Please help. Thank you
  • cbd 11 Months+
    Quote 8Floor
    Guest I'm having the same issue. I downloaded, but can't install it on my Mac. Please help. Thank you
    https://macresearch.org/macos-cannot-verify-that-this-app-is-free-from-malware/#:~:text=If%20you%20see%20the%20%E2%80%9CmacOS,latter%20might%20not%20be%20safe
  • Leto Atreides 11 Months+
    Quote 9Floor
    MacOS has grown increasingly naggy and restrictive with each version.  You can still easily get around this but it's not straight forward anymore.  Open "Security & Privacy" and on the General tab if you have tried to recently open an unsigned app, it should have a button towards the bottom that lets you "Open Anyway".  You should only have to do this once per application; but you will find yourself doing it quite often if you use applications outside of the limited app store.
  • cbd 11 Months+
    Quote 10Floor
    The new version will do mac authentication
  • 11 Months+
    Quote 11Floor
    I ran into this problem also under macOS Catalina.  Here's the trick:
    *  install as normal into your Applications folder
    *  go to the Applications folder, and Control-Click on Chitubox.app.  (hold down the control button while clicking).  And then choose Open.  It should open.  If not, try a second time.  And you won't have to go through this step again as it will open normally thereafter.

This is the workaround for when macOS complains that a developer is not verified, and would otherwise stop you from opening it.
  • Guest 11 Months+
    Quote 12Floor
    This is no trick, nor is it a workaround.

Every macOs application which is not signed or build by a not recognized developers CAN NOT be startet by a double click.
    This is a safety precaution to prevent the start of every "untrusted" programs.

To start such a program you must right click on it and choose "open" in the context menue. Done right the program will start - and you'll never have to do this again. 
    For macOs this means this application is from now on "save" to execute.

Please, learn how your operating system works - this is basic knowledge!
  • 10 Months+
    Quote 13Floor
    I ran into this problem also under macOS Catalina. Here's the trick: * install as normal into you ...
    You, my friend. You have helped me with this issue. Thank you. 
  • Guest 9 Months+
    Quote 14Floor
    Leto Atreides MacOS has grown increasingly naggy and restrictive with each version. You can still easily get arou ...
    * MacOS has grown increasingly naggy and restrictive with each version.  You can still easily get around this but it's not straight forward anymore.  Open "Security & Privacy" and on the General tab if you have tried to recently open an unsigned app, it should have a button towards the bottom that lets you "Open Anyway".  You should only have to do this once per application; but you will find yourself doing it quite often if you use applications outside of the limited app store. *

THIS WORKED FOR ME !!!!
  • 8 Months+
    Quote 15Floor
    Guest * MacOS has grown increasingly naggy and restrictive with each version. You can still easily get ar ...
    its worked for me thank u
  • 4 Months+
    Quote 16Floor
    The fact that Chitubox hasn't met Apple's requirements for trustworthiness speaks volumes. Fortunately, lots of excellent alternatives exist, most of them free, like PrusaSlicer (Prusa), Z-SUITE (Zortrax), B9Creator, and Lychee Slicer. Why would you even consider taking a chance on whatever garbage or spyware Chitubox may be hiding in this app?  This is really simple. If Apple doesn't trust this app, neither should you (and neither will I). 
  • 9 Days+
    Quote 17Floor
    Had the same problem on iOS. Don't trust alternative apps much....maybe have to switch on Android?