Support settings keeps on changing randomly after editing - 1.7 win 10 64 bits

Alex Lepailleur 2020-10-30 979

Hello.

This is hard to explain so please let me try to explain it clearly: I have set up my light, medium and heavy support settings differently from the default ones. When I place a support and then go to edit mode, drag it around and whatnot, it will sometime change the default settings for that support type when I exit 'edit' mode and go back to 'add' mode. Like my depth will now be changed to 0.02 while it was 0.15 before or the diameter of contact becomes 0.76 or whatnot from an original value of 0.4. Anyone experience this as well? Am I doing something wrong? I'm using latest version 1.7 on windows 10 64 bits and this makes it extremely painful to support models. The software works beautifully otherwise.

New Post (5)
  • cbd 2020-11-2
    Quote 2Floor
    Are you saying that the values when editing supports are different from when adding supports, the values under editing supports are temporary.

If it is not what I understand, can you record the video and send it to support@chitubox.com
  • Alex Lepailleur 2020-11-8
    Quote 3Floor
    Hello, yes I am saying the the supposedly permanent values get changed. Like my value for light support is 0.1mm depth. I go to edit mode, drag stuff around, and the depth will end up changed to some random values, sometimes higher than the one I set, sometimes smaller. After I exit edit mode and add new light support, they will have that changed value for the depth.
    I took light support and depth for illustration purposes, it happens with any support, any settings (mostly diameter of contact and depth).
    I'll figure out how to record a video and send it to the email address you gave me. Thanks.
  • 2020-11-22
    Quote 4Floor
    This happens to me too. Just changing between light, medium and heavy can randomly change the settings. I have to check all the setting parameters each time I need a different size, as they will probably have changed (diameter, depth etc).
  • cbd 2020-11-23
    Quote 5Floor
    Yes, the parameters for all three types of support are different
  • Guest 5 Months+
    Quote 6Floor
    Hello, i am experiencing this as well, is there a fix to this yet?