There is no possibility to save zip file on Phrozen sonic 4K profile

Hi, 

How can I save sliced model to a zip file on the Phrozen sonic 4K profile? Now there is only a .ctb file available. What should I change?

New Post (6)
  • 2022-2-21
    Quote 2Floor
    Just want to second this question: I just got a Sonic 4K 2022, and it only takes .ZIP files, but Chitubox won't give me an option to save sliced files as .ZIP.... Does anybody have a solution to this?
  • Cliff Knight 2022-2-21
    Quote 3Floor

In the Phrozen_Sonic_4K.cfg file change the line:

defaultSlicerExport:CHITUBOX slicer(*.ctb)

to:

defaultSlicerExport:Zip compress(*.zip),CHITUBOX slicer(*.ctb)

This will let you still save as a .ctb file bt selecting same when saving the sliced file.

Are you certain the printer will not read the .ctb format The .zip files are huge and take a lomg time to create.

I guess not, Phrozen says in their FAQ (click here) that the 2022 models only take .zip files (guess the did not want to pay Chitu for using the new, much more efficient .ctb format)...

• 2022-2-21
    Quote 4Floor
    Cliff Knight In the Phrozen_Sonic_4K.cfg file change the line:defaultSlicerExport:CHITUBOX slicer(*.ctb)to:defaul ...
    Thanks Cliff

Excuse my utter ignorance, but where is the line: defaultSlicerExport:CHITUBOX slicer(*.ctb)

I can't find it.... (using Chitubox on a Mac). Is it a hidden file? Shouldn't be... 

Thoughts?
  • Cliff Knight 2022-2-21
    Quote 5Floor

I know absolute nothing aboul Macs--never owned or even sat in front of one.

But there be some way to search for a file--is is named "Phrozen_Sonic_4K.cfg"--ii's just a text file, despite the .cfg extension.

On Linux all the printer .cfg files are in a folder named "machine" in a sub-folder of the application's home folder named "resource":

• 2022-2-21
    Quote 6Floor
    Cliff Knight I know absolute nothing aboul Macs--never owned or even sat in front of one.But there be some way to ...
    Hi again Cliff

Macs are great:-) And given the UNIX ancestry, they still have a terminal window option. Running a grep command on the file you named, its still running..... ill update when/where it finds it. THANKS!
  • Cliff Knight 2022-2-23
    Quote 7Floor
    Were you anle to locate and edit the configuration fille?