Long Print Time Estimates for Anycubic Photon Mono X

Joseph Knight 2021-2-13 5698

I am using Chitubox version 1.8.1 with my new Anycubic Photon Mono X 3D printer. I have setup up my printer and resin profiles correctly to match exactly with what I have been using successfully in Lychee Slicer. When I slice my test file, Chitubox says it will take 11 hours to print. In Lychee, the same file with the same settings took only 6 hours to print. Additionally, when I try slicing the same file for the original Anycubic Photon which does not have a mono screen, Chitubox gives a print time of only 10 hours. When I compare the sliced files from Lychee and Chitubox, they both have the same number of layers and the same printer and exposure settings. How can the Chitubox file take so much longer to print. Am I missing something basic here or is this a software bug? Has anyone else encountred this issue with their Photon Mono X?

New Post (3)
  • cbd 2021-2-17
    Quote 2Floor
    hello.
    The slicing time needs to be close to the real printing time after the bottom layer has been printed.
    Also, the machine itself will speed up and slow down, which will affect the print time.
  • Levente Papp 2021-8-27
    Quote 3Floor
    The Chitubox writes when slicing that the printing time is approx. 2:44:17 will be. The actual print time, on the other hand, is 5:34:42. I recorded all known parameters (number of layers, lighting time, speed, etc.) in an excel spreadsheet. According to my calculations, the printout would be 5:32:41. I think this is clearly a calculation error for Chitubox.
  • 2021-8-27
    Quote 4Floor
    Check the light off delay... if there is a value there, set it to 0 and slice the model again. The machine already has a default value within its parameters. Mine was set to 16 seconds and that drastically increased the print time.