Allow holes on non hollow objects that don't get through

Guest 2021-2-23 1748

Hi,

I like to magnetize my models, particularly bases, and for that, digging a hole on the model before printing beats having to drill it later. Unfortunately, Chitubox won't allow me to do that, claiming that my model is not hollow (that's intentional!) and that it's not going through it. Please allow digging small cylinders on objects that don't need to get through, just a small pit to place a magnet afterwards. Also, when placing the hole, chitubox tries to place it on my supports (when getting presupported files), which doesn't make sense at all, so hole placement should definitely ignore supports as candidate objects.

thanks

victor

New Post (3)
  • cbd 2021-2-26
    Quote 2Floor
    Please check that the depth of the hole is greater than the wall thickness
  • Cliff Knight 2021-3-1
    Quote 3Floor
    I believe the OP would like to be able to "dig" pockets (blind-sided holes). I too would find this a useful upgrade. 
  • 4 Months+
    Quote 4Floor

One option is to use a different 3D modeling software to create the holes in your model. There are several free and paid options available, such as Blender, Meshmixer, and FreeCAD. Once you have created the holes in your model, you can then save it in a format that Chitubox can read, such as STL or OBJ. You will be immersed in the world of elastic man with humorous deformed faces.