scale a model including supports?

2021-3-27 2352

I have some models which I need to scale in quite small, but many steps. For this it would be extremly helpfull to scale the model including all supports.

That way I could figure out a good working support structure and use it for all scales. #

At the moment I need to do alle supports again even, if my model is only 2% smaller.

Do I miss a functionm or a feature?

New Post (2)
  • Li Geng 2021-3-29
    Quote 2Floor
    Hi, thank you for your feedback. 
    Currently, v1.8.1 does not support scale without removing supports.
    We've noticed it's a frustrating thing that all manually added supports will be removed after a scale. However, all added supports have their own detailed parameters (contact shape, lengths, diameters of Top, Middle, Bottom, etc.) respectively. If we simply apply proportional scales to all supports, it may cause unexpected malposition or distortion of supports more or less, especially if the size of the supports is tiny.
    Anyway, it is annoying when it comes to this problem indeed. We'll definitely try to find out a solution to this in the future version.
  • 2021-3-30
    Quote 3Floor
    All you need to do is after adding supports, then export it as an STL. then when you open the STL can can scale it all as one item its not longer seperate supports. 

However as Li Geng says there can be issues scaleing supports, you really want to add them again as new. if the tip of a support on 100% model is 1mm contat, if you scale it to 25% its only 0.25mm and that is likley to fail. 

to adjust a few % its fine to export the suported model as STL and then inport it again and scale it, but for any significent rescale i would do the supports again.