Chitubox 1.81 Dig hole continiously creates cone hole.

Nutters 2021-4-25 2064

of

When making a hole 10 x 150mm in a solid object either vertically or horizontal to the plate, it creates a cone shaped hole for the whole 150mm length.The keep the hole option resulted in a pointy cone 150mm long

This is the first time I have attempted a long hole and was quite surprised.

When making a shorter hole, the  result was the same just a more snub nosed point.

I cannot find any reports of this phenomena. Is this a bug or intentional by design?

New Post (9)
  • Guest 2021-6-2
    Quote 2Floor

If you don't want to keep the dug-out part, you can uncheck Keep the hole.

• 2021-8-13
    Quote 3Floor
    Guest If you don't want to keep the dug-out part, you can uncheck Keep the hole.
    They're not asking how to get rid of the dug-out part, but trying to figure out why it creates a cone, not a cylinder. I came here looking for the same thing, because that's just stupid. 
  • 2021-12-11
    Quote 4Floor
    same here...
  • Cliff Knight 2021-12-21
    Quote 5Floor
    I have duplicated this bug on versions 1.7.0, 1.8.0 and 1.9.0
  • Cliff Knight 2021-12-21
    Quote 6Floor

All three versions create tapered holes--it seems as though the perspective view used for the hole "positioning" maker is reproduced in the hole itself, it is not as noticeable with shallow holes.

Square and hexagonal holes are similarly affected--which explains some of the fitment issues i have experienced...

• Cliff Knight 2021-12-22
    Quote 7Floor
    It happens even without "Dig continuously" checked..
  • Li Geng 2021-12-22
    Quote 8Floor
    The hole is designed to be a cone so you can put it back to the model after printing. It's not designed to what you did in the picture. You might wanna use 3D modeling software for this kind of work.
  • Cliff Knight 2021-12-24
    Quote 9Floor

Then this, and changes to the manual, would fix it up...

• Cliff Knight 2021-12-24
    Quote 10Floor

<quote>
    The hole is designed to be a cone so you can put it back to the model after printing. It's not designed to what you did in the picture. You might wanna use 3D modeling software for this kind of work.
    </quote>
    This makes no sense. also I believe the OP was not attempting to "do" anything--the screenshot he provided was solely to  illustrate the problem. Which is a problem, if the software cannot dig a true circular hole then disable the function--or--make it 100% clear that it "digs" a cone...