Doesn't work under Linux !!!

2021-6-10 1552

If I download the archive, unpack it and run either CHITUBOX or AppRun, it complains that it can't find the QT libraries.

If I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include "lib", it says

> QObject::startTimer: Timers can only be used with threads started with QThread

> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

What's so hard about properly packaging an application together with the required libraries?

Are there any alternative slicers for Elegoo Mars? Are Elegoo Mars printers now completely unusable because chitubox developers aren't able to package their app properly?

New Post (7)
  • 2021-6-10
    Quote 2Floor
    And trying to run the Windows version under Wine also doesn't work. Missing some DLLs. 

And you're trying to sell and charge money for this? WTF?!?
  • Guest 2021-6-11
    Quote 3Floor
    I think chitubox may not expect you to use wine to run. It can run smoothly on my Windows computer.
  • Li Geng 2021-6-11
    Quote 4Floor

SEARCH BEFORE RANTING, PLEASE!
    https://forum.chitubox.com/?thread-945.htm

"And you're trying to sell and charge money for this? WTF?!?"
    The Basic version is FREE FOREVER.
  • 2021-7-16
    Quote 5Floor

I created a folder named "Apps" in my home folder ($HOME)
    I copied the folder "CHITUBOX v1.8.1" in my Apps folder
    I renamed it to "chitubox"
    I created the following 4 lines of text file in my "chitubox" folder :
    #!/bin/sh
    # Use this script for execute portable version of CHITUBOX
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HOME/Apps/chitubox/lib
    $HOME/Apps/chitubox/CHITUBOX

I saved it under the name : "chitubox.sh"
    I changed the properties of this file to make it executable 
       (right click > properties > access rights > is executable)
    When I doubleclick on it, the CHITUBOX program is launched.

• Guest 2021-8-10
    Quote 6Floor

I tried your 4 line  script but I got the same results.  Im running a fresh install of Xubuntu / Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

Cann't load file: "/home/user/.config/ChiTuBox v1.8.0/global.cfg"
    add new machine: "Default" "Default"
    QObject::startTimer: Timers can only be used with threads started with QThread
    This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

Any suggestions. I had the beta running fine in Mint but no luck with Xubuntu 20

• Guest 2021-8-10
    Quote 7Floor
    UPDATE: Solved my problem on XUbuntu 20.4. I have been racking my brain for about 4 hours finally found a fix

https://wiki.qt.io/Install_Qt_5_on_Ubuntu

easy install of QT5 

sudo apt-get install qt5-default

• 4 Months+
    Quote 8Floor

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with running Chitubox. As a user of geometry dash subzero, I don't have access to real-time information about specific software issues or developments. However, I can offer some general suggestions and alternatives.

When encountering issues with missing or incompatible libraries, it's possible that the software package you downloaded may not include all the necessary dependencies. In such cases, you could try the following:

Verify system requirements: Ensure that your operating system meets the minimum requirements specified by Chitubox. This includes checking for compatibility with the required Qt libraries and other dependencies.

Check for available updates: Visit the official Chitubox website or community forums to see if there are any updates or patches available that address compatibility issues or provide installation instructions.

Contact Chitubox support: Reach out to the Chitubox support team directly and provide them with details about the specific error messages you encountered. They may be able to guide you through the installation process or provide troubleshooting steps.