Pro licence issues

2021-6-23 1040

Hi, 

I have two issues with the licencing. 

1. I am a single hobbiest, but i have 2 (actuly 3 computers) one at my work desk, and my laptop that moves around the house with me. The idea that i have to either buy 2 licences or each time i want to use Pro on a differnce device have to unbind it from one and re bind it on the other is stupid. As i ahve to connect to the internet to do this why cant you jsut have it as a "concurrent" usage. I open it on one deivce and it checks to see if my licence is currently in use and if not I can use the program. We are in the 21st centuray were most people have more than one device. Licencing should be links to the user account not the device! 

2. The cost is crazy, its 3 times that of other simular products for a year and its not 3 times as good. Using the trial and comparing it to other well know slicers its not a bad product, but its not 3 times better and that is espical true for hobbiest use. 

If this was half the cost and it was user based licencing not device based I would snap it up, but after the trial there is nothing that can justify the cost. 

New Post (2)
  • 2021-6-23
    Quote 2Floor
    Completely agree. If this program was way more cheaper they could have even more user, more licens sold and a bigger feedback from the comunity. The only thing that its probably worth it is just trying to get a coupon for 70$. Otherwise programs like Lychee are doing a nice job and they will be probably much better and cheap in a future because they will have a higer community at the end.
  • Kendall Randleas 2021-8-16
    Quote 3Floor
    Agreed, they are trying to artificially force an monopoly, and if the follow through the community well mod their machines, mod the firmware, mod whatever we have to, in order to break free. And then they'll have very little business.