CHITUBOX v1.9 .ctb not reading on Elegoo Mars 2P

2021-7-22 25227

I upgraded to 1.9 today and attempted to print some miniatures. After slicing and placing the file on the USB drive my Elegoo Mars 2P didnt recognise the file and read it as an invalid folder even though the file was a .CTB. I uninstalled 1.9 and reinstalled 1.8 Beta did exactly the same and the printer is working perfectly fine. FYI if anyone else is having the same issue. 

New Post (33)
  • Guest 2021-7-22
    Quote 2Floor
    i have the same problem with my Saturn after update Chitubox...
  • 2021-7-22
    Quote 3Floor
    same issue here on a creality Ld002R
  • Guest 2021-7-22
    Quote 4Floor
    I just purchased the pro version of chitubox and my saturn cannot read any of the files. 
  • 2021-7-22
    Quote 5Floor
    Guest I just purchased the pro version of chitubox and my saturn cannot read any of the files.
    Was this on 1.9? Try using 1.8 as it worked for me. Crazy to think that version 1.9 was released when printers cant even read the files it generates.  
  • Guest 2021-7-22
    Quote 6Floor
    Pro is like version 1.1 or something, they don't follow the same version numbers as it's completely different software. I was shocked at how different it is 

But either way, they clearly updated something common across both for file saving that broke and they never tested it
  • 2021-7-22
    Quote 7Floor
    Same for me, i have a Elegoo mars 2 and i try on chitubox profree trial , and chitubox basic too, my printer is unable to read ctb files .
  • Guest 2021-7-22
    Quote 8Floor
    same for me. not read
  • 2021-7-22
    Quote 9Floor
    I had the same problem with my Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K. Please try updating the firmware. I downloaded on chitubox.com somewhere but cannot find it now.
  • Guest 2021-7-22
    Quote 10Floor
    Same here, print file from 1.9.0 with Saturn (14.24, PJ L Screen firmware) printer reports invalid print file.  It prints a file I had from 1.8.1 on 14.24 firmware fine still.
  • Guest 2021-7-23
    Quote 11Floor
    So I updates my mars pro 2 and I'm able to print now. My Saturn however appears to be bricked after the firmware
  • 2021-7-23
    Quote 12Floor
    Yes I have the same problem does anyone know a fix?
  • FlashBackJack 2021-7-23
    Quote 13Floor
    Same here LD-002H   1.9 not recognising any files 
    may i suggest to the support team they fix this ASAP 

if you want my money for Pro  this is not the way to get it 

The fix is   Uninstall 1.9 because it does not work right 
    re install 1.8 
  • Guest 2021-7-23
    Quote 14Floor
    Me too with Creality LD-002H. 
    The only fix is reinstall V 1.8.1
  • Guest 2021-7-24
    Quote 15Floor
    So, it does state that you require a new firmware, for the Mars2Pro V4.4.3.
    My problem is, I downloaded the firmware and it is still showing the 4.3.13 in the info display.... Haven't even attempted to use CBox 1.9 yet.
    (I just received the printer and only did the rook test print using V1.6 so far).
  • Cliff Knight 2021-7-25
    Quote 16Floor
    FWIW; I have a 1+ year old plain 'ol Mars unit on which I have been running the 4.3.1 Mars Pro firmware for the last 4 months (with no problems)--I upgraded to the v4.4.3 "Pro" firmware and have not had any issues  printing Chitubox v1.9.0 generated .ctb files...
  • 2021-7-25
    Quote 17Floor
    same! Creality LD-002H
  • 2021-7-26
    Quote 18Floor
    FlashBackJack Same here LD-002H 1.9 not recognising any files may i suggest to the support team they fix this ...
    same issue same printer, however, it was working for the past week or so and printing non stop. then suddenly today the .ctl files are not being reconized by the printer, removed printer, reinstalled, format usb, different usb, reflash printer firmware. Fix was to drop back to chitubox 1.8.
  • 2021-7-26
    Quote 19Floor

Same here guys!
    I downloaded the latest version firmware for my Elegoo Mars 2 (V4.4.3_c2_LCDC_1620_2560_F9.23), installed it correctly and my printer is working. But, BUT, when I process files with Chitubox 1.9 the files.ctb it generates doesn't work at all and they aren't read. D:

FIXED: Okay after a little check i found the issue! The update wasn't correct for my printer, i just downloaded the correct and latest version for my printer (i dowloaded the Mars firmware before, not Mars2), put it into the root directroy of my flash drive, so using no folder (it means "G:/", no "G:/Folder") and it worked. Now the files are read and printed! Awesome.

• Guest 2021-7-27
    Quote 20Floor

Hey everyone! Yes updating the firmware of your printer is the best way to fix this issue. Here are the links I used which may be helpful.
    I used this as a guide to install the firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayv2aID2nU8&t
    NOTE: ALL THE FILES (SH4, CBD, TXT, etc.) NEED TO BE IN THE ROOT OF THE USB DRIVE! THEY CAN NOT BE IN A FOLDER!
    And this is where to download the firmware: https://www.chitubox.com/en/download/chitubox-free (scroll down and find your printer name - then check the left menu and find your printer name again as the first link only takes you to the correct website not the correct printer)
    Hope this helps!

• Guest 2021-7-27
    Quote 21Floor

https://www.chitubox.com/en/article/support/howto/chitubox-pro/install-activate/how-to-update-your-printer-firmware

Remember to put the extract files on the usb stick but not in a folder with the power off then put the stick in and power on.  This is how I got my Qidi shadow 5.5s to update now Im seeing the files.

• 2021-8-5
    Quote 22Floor
    I have tried multiple times to update the firmware on my Mars 2 Pro from V4.3.13-F2.23 to V4.4.3-c2_LCDC/1620X2560 /F9.23. It always stays on V4.3.13-F2.23 after printing all the files. I gave up and just went back to 1.81 of the slicer.
  • Peter Harvey 2021-8-6
    Quote 23Floor
    Ok I have dowloaded all of the firmware updates shown on https://www.elegoo.com/pages/3d-printing-user-support for the Saturn but which one do I use and what implications do each have as at the moment I have a working printer?

Help please someone?
  • 2021-8-7
    Quote 24Floor
    What a mess, Had high hopes from 1.9...pls chitu, fix it!
  • Guest 2021-8-8
    Quote 25Floor
    Same problem for me... I thought my Elegoo had a problem but then I saw this thread.
  • 2021-8-9
    Quote 26Floor
    can comfirm this on a Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K. dont know if there is a new firmware yet. but this is pretty bad, a minor version change needs a firmware update on printers. Big nono where I do my programming work.
  • Guest 2021-8-18
    Quote 27Floor
    same
  • 2021-8-24
    Quote 28Floor
    It's not worth using Chitubox anymore. I migrated to Lychee Slicer. Chitubox is trying to force users to use their software by locking them in with version 1.9.  I will not update my firmware and I will use other slicers.
  • 2021-8-29
    Quote 29Floor
    I have tried both updating the firmware and switching chitubox to 1.8 and my maars 2 pro still doesnt recognize the files. I just got the machine and have only been able to print the rooks. Extremely frustrating.
  • 2021-10-11
    Quote 30Floor
    Guest Hey everyone! Yes updating the firmware of& ...
    Hi 
    so i downloaded the newest firmeware but it still doesnt read the file :(