CWS Mac Plugin

2019-10-28 2876

I am curious if there is a Mac CWS plugin for Chitubox.

I've tried the ones currently found on the community site but found no luck getting them to

correctly import into the Chitubox app on my computer.

New Post (4)
  • Aaron Stone 2019-10-28
    Quote 2Floor
    I have this same question. I purchased a Monoprice MP Mini Plus Deluxe SLA LCD printer (a rebranded Wanhao printer) and the builtin slicing software bites. The slicer works okay, but the supports component is completely non-functional. It just doesn't do anything and if you move back and forth from the slicer to the supports section, you have to completely reload the stl file. So, I did some looking and everyone recommended ChiTuBox, however after downloading it and getting it all set up , I realized that it doesn't output the proprietary CWS file that the Monoprice/Wanhao requires.

I looked around for a plugin for this but the only plugin is the one made for PC, not Mac, so this software and nearly all other non-Wanhao software is useless. I did try downloading the Wanhao 7 Workshop, but since I bought it from Monoprice, I don't have a license to use it, plus the software sucks badly when it loads, with massive redraw issues, and not showing buttons, etc. Overall this POS has been really disappointing. If I don't get some satisfaction soon, I am going to ship this piece of junk back to Monoprice. Anyway, hope someone at Chitubox or in the community reads this.
  • 2020-4-23
    Quote 3Floor

Take a look at https://github.com/haught/cws_plugin . If you have Xcode and the Xcode command line tools, you should be able to just "make".

• Guest 2020-5-2
    Quote 4Floor
    Has any more progress been made on this plugin? Saying you can make a plugin on Mac using Xcode is great and all, but if someone has done it, can they do a bit of a step by step?
  • Guest 2020-7-3
    Quote 5Floor
    Guest Has any more progress been made on this plugin? Saying you can make a plugin on Mac using Xcode is g ...
    Actually it really is that simple, here are the steps I used:  

Make sure you have XCode installed (get it from the Mac app store), and that you've launched it at least once and let it install any additional components that it needs.

Open a Terminal window (hit Command-space and type terminal and hit eneter)

To check out the code from github, in the Terminal window type:
          git clone https://github.com/haught/cws_plugin.git

This creates a directory called cws_plugin and puts the code from github in it, so now type the following in the Terminal window:
        cd cws_plugin
        make

You will see a bunch of compiler messages and probably some warnings.  If you end up with a file in that directory called cws_plugin_mac_V1.1.CHplugin, then everything worked and you can import the newly made plugin into Chitubox.