possibility of Converting .CTB file back to original or useful .STL file?

Jens 6 Months+ 250

Hello everyone,

I have lost over 40 work-files as I accidentally over-wrote my back-up folder with an old folder, causing me to lose all files (except for 8) of my model. The model has mechanics and tight tolerances and was a pain to make.I tried recovery programs but none were able to recover any of the over-written files.

What I still have are the .CTB files created with Chitubox on my thumb-drive that plugs into my additive manufacturing machine.

If I have the model as .CTB file, why do I need it back into a mesh-based file?

Because the model that's on the thumb drive has tolerances that are slightly too tight and those need to be changed, meaning the model coming from the file on the thumb-drive is not working properly. The model needs to undergo small changes to get a fully working end-result.

I have talked to Chitibox Customer service - they answered quickly but stated that it was not possible to revert the CTB (image file) back to its original .STL mesh. I am not a programmer or code writer but am I incorrect with my assumption that the CTB file accurately describes the outside shape of the model? After all the models look very clean and accurate, coming from the CTB file. I would think there is a way get that outside shape and accurately put a mesh around it that describes that outside shape cleanly - now this mesh does not have to look like the original mesh. Meshes can look quite different but describing the same surface, surface structure, texture etc.

I also tried to us Ai systems whichtold me they could not perform this task (mentioning that it would be difficult) and reverse engeneer the CTB file since they were not allowed to "mess" with proprietary software/file formats.

Is anyone out there who has an idea or solution for this problem?

It would help a tremedous lot.

Jens

New Post (0)