Features to help with draining resin from inside large solid objects

Guest 2020-5-10 2988

I'm using beta v1.6.4.2 and I'm printing a model that is essentially a large blocky chunk, which the infill does a great job of generating internal support matrix.  However, the print is coming out 100% full of uncured resin and I have to drill it to get it out (which contaminates the resin with shavings, making it harder to reclaim) 

1) Add feature to cut drainage holes last, after infill has been generated.  I'm not sure why you would evern not want to cut the drainage holes last.
If I try to add holes, it fails and says the print is not hollow.  If I hollow the model first, it won't let me manually add internal supports.  Please add the option to cut the drainage holes last...it doesn't matter what the thickness is if you can set the diameter, position, and height of the hole cutter and it performs the cut last.

2)Add feature to periodically lift the model out of the resin to let it drain before top surfaces are cured.  

Even with drainage holes the print still fills up with resin during the print.  The print should be able to be lifted out of the ersin every once in a while to drain.  Woudl be awesome if it can analyse where the top surfaces are and smartly lift the model out to drain when it gets close to sealing  the top of the model, but even a dumb feature to lift the model and hold for draining every so many layers or seconds would do wonders towards reducing the amount of resin sucked up into the model.    

New Post (4)
  • cbd 2020-5-16
    Quote 2Floor
    Thank you for your suggestions, if you can, please send them to: support@chitubox.com, can I add your email?
  • Guest 2022-10-28
    Quote 3Floor

I recently bought a 3D printer, and I don't quite understand how the slicer works. But I do know a few things. Every slicer is a preprocessing tool that converts digital 3D models and printing process parameters into instructions for the 3D printer.  This is the most important step for any 3D printing procedure, regardless of the technology. The important thing is that already, with this knowledge, I can start printing. I recently had the idea to refurbish a hole in the roof with a 3D printer. I printed out a sheet and sealed the hole while securing everything with roofing screws. In short, buy a 3D printer if anyone wants to repair their roof.

• 6 Months+
    Quote 4Floor

Our skilled roofing team will execute the installation with precision and care, ensuring that your new roof meets or exceeds industry standards. We employ the latest techniques and best practices to ensure the highest quality workmanship. Roofing Services

• Guest 5 Months+
    Quote 5Floor

In addition to the information offered here retro games, I will introduce you online. This is a pretty excellent list of games I've played, and it contains some of my all-time favorites as well as some of the most well-known titles. another matter. Different games that I'm sure you'll enjoy.