CWS format plugin for Monoprice / Wanhao printers

Guest 2020-8-6 5699

The plugin that outputs CWS files:  https://github.com/Zloyduh/cws

If your printer requires Creation Workshop software to produce CWS files check out this plugin.

New Post (7)
  • Guest 2020-8-16
    Quote 2Floor
    Hello, need some help added the plugin in help menu. Where should I go to save the files as cws, because there isn´t any option to change it to cws when I choose save as? what am I doing wrong?? 
    Joakim
  • 2020-8-17
    Quote 3Floor
    This does not work for everyone . on the Monoprice/wanhao it will simply display the sliced item as a picture on the screen  and not the actual print. 
  • Guest 2020-8-18
    Quote 4Floor
    This does not work for everyone . on the Monoprice/wanhao it will simply display the sliced item as ...
    Hi.  Not sure what you mean by this.  Sorry.
  • Guest 2020-8-18
    Quote 5Floor
    Guest Hello, need some help added the plugin in help menu. Where should I go to save the files as cws, bec ...
    Hi.  You first have to click the Slice button.  Once done slicing, you will see 3 buttons on the very right side:  Network Sending, Save, Back.  It's the Save button that you want to click.  Choose CWS (Zloyduh)(*.cws) extension type.

Save As from the top menu has a different functionality.  This is all Chitubox specific, has nothing to do with the CWS plugin.

Thanks!
  • 2020-8-18
    Quote 6Floor
    Guest Hi. Not sure what you mean by this. Sorry.
    Simply that the latest version of Chitubox has either broken the plugin or it is not working as advertised on the Monoprice MP Mini Deluxe SLA LCD High Resolution Resin 3D Printer (Duplicator 7 Plus)

What I mean is simply , after slicing and saving the CWS using this plugin, the starting layer are not displayed on the UV LCD . what IS displayed is a miniature picture of the item you are trying to print.   it is the weirdest damn thing I have ever seen.  

This is happening on both my laptop when i try and slice to .cws and the work PC .. 

What I HAVE been able to get working is the OLD 32bit .CWS converter on version 1.6.3  I have not tried the (Zloyduh)(*.cws) on the older version as of yet.. As a side note.. it slices faster and writes to file faster on 1.6.3  
  • Guest 2021-4-26
    Quote 7Floor
    I've shared the source code on Github.  If anyone wants to get a go on it, be my guest! :)
    ~Z
  • Guest 2021-5-25
    Quote 8Floor
    This worked for me.
    Go to this persons plugin on Github:
    https://github.com/Zloyduh/cws/blob/master/src/PublishOutput/ZloyduhCws.CHplugin
    Click download and remember where it is on your computer.
    Open Chitubox. 
    I used the latest one, it does not work with that. I tried it with the oldest version I could find, Chitubox 1.6.3 and it works.
    Uninstall any versions of Chitubox you have.
    Go to Chitubox website and look for previous version. Go to 1.6.3 and download it then install it.

Open Chitubox 1.6.3 then click on help then click on plugins. Add the pluging (browse to where you stored the ZloyduhCws.CHplugin file earlier.
    Install it.

Now restart Chitubox. It works now. Open an stl, add supports, whatever, then slice.
    Now, when you click on SAVE in Chitubox it will save as a .cws file!

It worked for me. I am using it on a Monprice clone of the Wanhau Duplicator 7+ (I have to use USB drive, no HDMI cable).
    This worked for me.