I will do anything for a "Fence supports" setting

2021-7-6 713

so i print a lot of things that are very Geometrically precise and i have found the best way to print these objects is to put very light supports in a line straight down the corners. and by line i mean each support is touching. each support is pretty much half inside of the last one. prints come out amazing.

But it take FOREVER to prep. there has to be a way to create a way to click and drag a line down a model and supports are placed in a row, barely touching all the way down the line.

i would pay money for this. like bucket of money. it would cut the time it takes me to support models from hours to minutes. 

New Post (2)
  • 2021-8-12
    Quote 2Floor
    Why don’t you just extrude thin break-away contours along the bottom of your model in your CAD program? Then let Chitubox auto support under those break-always?
  • Guest 2021-8-18
    Quote 3Floor
    1. Another program needed. And adding those in CAD is not as easy as thought. Not even with Fusion/TinkerCAD.
    2. Auto support does NEVER work as intended on geometrical/mechanical parts.

I did also "fence" over 30 parts for a PnP machine and - hell such thing would be GREAT.
    Set the min/max distance between supports, draw a line, supports done.

I'd miiight even buy the Pro version for such feature.....maybe.