Support for the new Photon S *.pws format

Michael Cargile 2019-8-1 26129

New Post (56)
  • matospc 2019-10-11
    Quote 31Floor

easy solution!!..... do where ever you want in Chitubox when you'r done save the work  with the SAVE AS.... option, save as .STL file, then open it on the photon slicer program , slice and done!

• Valentin Fezza 2019-10-11
    Quote 32Floor
    +1
  • Stefan 2019-10-21
    Quote 33Floor
    https://github.com/Photonsters/anycubic-photon-docs/blob/dev/Temp-resources/2019-03-05%20photons%202.0%20file%20format.pdf

@ChiTuBox will this help?
  • CHITUBOX 2019-10-21
    Quote 34Floor
    We are working hard to achieve the requirements that everyone has put forward, thank you for your support.
  • Dagmar Grzenkowicz 2019-10-23
    Quote 35Floor
    Yeah waiting then . I need to stop printing after firmware and UI upgrade :( Original slicer is a crap. And ChiTuBox not support .pws :( I badly need this plugin 
  • HomeOffice 2019-10-24
    Quote 36Floor
    Yes, please, yes!
  • 2019-11-8
    Quote 37Floor

On the Anycubic Photon S main page you can find a link to firmware v5.0.0 that has a changelog link next to it. The v5.0.0 firmware update lets you use *.photons files again on the photon s. I am currently in the process of updating and will be testing it with a *.photons file shortly. The changelog includes the instructions on how to do the update.

The links for the firmware are about halfway down the page.
    https://www.anycubic.com/collections/anycubic-photon-3d-printers/products/anycubic-photon-s

EDIT:

I have finished the update and my Anycubic Photon S now recognizes *.photons files. The changelog stated it was necessary to use a USB with only the P_V500.bin and P_UI_2_6.bin files on it. When you have your USB ready you plug it into the Photon S, then select print from the screen. The bin files will appear and you need to go through one after the other. The screen will prompt a question about updating and you choose 'Enter'. The changelog also stated that the P_UI_2_6.bin file took longer so I choose to do the other bin file first. So far so good for my machine. Good luck y'all.

• Guest 2019-12-17
    Quote 38Floor
    And now it is even worse:
    The new standard photon (NOT the photon s) are also using PWS format only! Cant use chitubox for old photon.
    Do not understand why they did it.
    Exporting STL and importing to Photon is a pain - no resin profiles, and no way to change the motion speed for the first layers.
  • Reiner Stähler 2019-12-18
    Quote 39Floor
    +1 support needed! 
  • Achim 2019-12-19
    Quote 40Floor
    Does anybody know if firmware 5.0.2 for the Photon S still (or again) recognizes the old *.photons format?

What is the timeline for *,pws support from chítubox?

TIA
    Achim
  • Uwe 2019-12-31
    Quote 41Floor

Under "Troubleshooting and Bug Reports" is a Topic "HELP anyqubic photon-S V5.0.2 and chitubox V1.6.1 ?".
    There is a Note:  V5.0.2 does not accept the old *.photons format.

• 2020-1-9
    Quote 42Floor
    +1
  • 2020-1-9
    Quote 43Floor
    +1
  • SolidForm 2020-1-13
    Quote 44Floor
    Am I missing something??? I can use Chitubox 1.6.1 and generate either *.photon and *.photon-s and both work on Anycubic Photon-S!! I didn't  even know about the *.pws 
    So Chitubox on Photon-S ...AS USUAL!!
    ...am I really missing something here?
  • Guest 2020-1-13
    Quote 45Floor
    ChiTuBox From a technical point of view, support for this format is no problem, but anycubic does not open th ...
    Here may be the file format of PWS:  https://github.com/Photonsters/PhotonS/pull/1/files
  • Guest 2020-1-13
    Quote 46Floor
    Unless you used hollow in chitubox which creates horrible artifacts in Photon.
  • Guest 2020-1-13
    Quote 47Floor
    matospc easy solution!!..... do where ever you want&am ...
    @matospc
    Unless you used hollow in chitubox which creates horrible artifacts in Photon.
  • taramm 2020-1-13
    Quote 48Floor
    please please please .pws!
  • Javier 2020-1-16
    Quote 49Floor
    La nueva versión del Slicer de Anycubic permite convertir los ficheros *.photon a *.pws
  • 2020-1-17
    Quote 50Floor
    The last  photon workshop v2.1.20 is supposed to convert *.photon to *.pws, but when I try it with a .photon created in chitubox, the  workshop v2.1.20 shut down and crash. Anyone with the same experience?
  • 2020-1-18
    Quote 51Floor
    quando vado a salvare la mia slice mi salva un pdf!! 
  • Guest 2020-1-22
    Quote 52Floor
    Any possible way we might get a generalized answer on *IF* this will be added? Anycubic's slicer is *TERRIBLE*. It crashes if you look at it sideways. I used Chitubox when I had my Longer, and it was *EXCELLENT!* (The software, not the printer), but we need the PWS support. .photon to PWC (that's what my Anycubic slicer otputs an _ATTEMPTED_ conversion; it always crashes) doesn't work.
    Help!
    ..also, did anyone else notice that Chitubox Pro's 'coming soon' is just *GONE* now? I'd have bought the software if it worked for me!
  • Tiago Brazil Pinto 2020-5-29
    Quote 53Floor
    I need pws support!!!
  • Guest 2020-6-1
    Quote 54Floor
    +1
  • Guest 2020-6-16
    Quote 55Floor

Did some digging and the Photon or Photon S can read .photons or .photon files in addition to .pws with the newest 5.0.2 firmware. 

V5.0.2
    (1) Allow Photon S and Photon Upgraded to support .photon, .photons, .pws files
    (2) After upgrade, the UI will be changed to UI 2.6, and the firmware version will be
    changed to P_V502. 1.2. How to upgrade UI and Firmware for Photon S and Photon Upgraded

Instructions
    (1) Extract the firmware package to obtain the “P_V502.bin” and “P_UI_2_6.bin” files, and
    then copy these two files to an empty USB flash drive. [DO Not store other files in the
    U disk to avoid interference; DO NOT modify the file name]
    (2) Insert the USB flash drive into the Photon S or Photon Upgraded and switch it on. (3) Select the "Print" menu on the screen, and then select and print the "P_V502.bin" file
    and the "P_UI_2_6.bin" file to upgrade one by one. Note:
    1. It will take about a few minutes to upgrade the "P_UI_2_6.bin" file. Please be patient. 2. After the upgrade finished, you can view the system version through the "System" -->
    "Information" menu on the display

Source: https://drucktipps3d.de/wp-content/uploads/asgarosforum/60526/Firmware-V5.0.2-Upgrade-Guide-for-Photon-S-and-Photon-Upgraded-20191109.pdf

Firmware Download (Photon): https://www.anycubic.com/blogs/videos/videosall-you-need-to-know-about-photon
    Firmware Download (Photon S): https://www.anycubic.com/blogs/videos/all-you-need-to-know-about-anycubic-photon-s

• 2021-2-20
    Quote 56Floor
    THANKS!!  That was a life saver. Especially because owning no Windows or Apple computer even the anycubic slicer wasn't an option.
  • mario 2021-9-24
    Quote 57Floor
    The last photon workshop v2.1.20 is supposed to convert *.photon to *.pws, but when I try it with a ...
    same  here