Elegoo Mars 3 doesn't recognise .ctb files

Mike 2022-1-29 13005

New Post (36)
  • Mike 2022-3-9
    Quote 31Floor
    The elegoo people took one of my sliced files and couldn't get it to print. They say it must be the software. Chatting to my friendly computer shop, the guy there told me to chect the compatibility of Chitubox with Windows 11 and showed me how to do it. Right click on the icon, and select properties. When I did that it suggests that it is best run on Windows 8. I've un-installed Chitox and re-installed it and set it to run under Windows 8. I'll let you know how I get on.
  • Mike 2022-3-9
    Quote 32Floor
    still no good
  • Cliff Knight 2022-3-10
    Quote 33Floor
    It's that damned QT "cross platform" development system, one of those "if it sounds too good to be true..."  promises. 
    If one size could actually "fit all", things would not come in different sizes...

Keep in touch if you find out more...
  • Mike 2022-3-16
    Quote 34Floor
    Chitubox have investiagted. They feel that I have somehow corrupted the printer and recommend I replace them. I don't know how to proceed
  • Cliff Knight 2022-3-16
    Quote 35Floor

I'd get some good tall boots, 'cause that's a a sinking pile of "it". How do they explain Elegoo support being unable to print the file?

Have you tried to print the file I created? Send me an email to: cliffyk@paladinmicro.com and Ill send it to you...

• Guest 2022-3-19
    Quote 36Floor

Hi all,
    I have a similar issue.
    I use CB v1.9.1 on Windows 10 and the FW on Mars 3 is 4.4.3,
    Only on my own .stl files I go the message "unrecognised file format .ctb". The Rock file has no problem.
    I create the .stl file with "blender" and than I create the .cbt file with CB v1.9.1
    Can anyone help here?

Andy

• Wesley Doll 2023-4-2
    Quote 37Floor
    Hey there everyone!  I seem to be having the same issue.  I just got my Mars 3 and only the rook will print.  I have tried old chitubox software and new software, as well as old firmware on the printer and new firmware on the printer.  I also am running windows 11.  Can anyone help?  My projects are also stalled bc of this problem.  I've reached out to chitubox and elegoo and have not heard back.  Thank you very much!